Senior Manager, Statistical Programming (Remote)
Location: Jamaica Plain
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Parexel is looking for a Senior Manager, Statistical Programming
to join their North America team! The Senior Manager will have
oversight of a team of high level individual statistical programmer
contributors and Managers. Responsibility includes ensuring
successful delivery of the organization's project deliverables and
resourcing client projects. The Senior Manager may also be part of
a project team and be responsible for successful delivery of their
own project deliverables as well as promoting new business by
participating in project bids and client presentations as
appropriate and -providing expertise and consultation to project
teams. - Key Accountabilities:
- Manage and oversee departmental activities including
appropriate resourcing of staff, staff assignments, and quality
control of project deliverables and timely delivery of project
- May be responsible for own assignments as project team member.
This includes taking the role of a senior level contributor on a
project team and ensuring high quality and timely delivery of own
- Meet and aim to exceed client expectations by recruiting,
retaining and developing a skilled, experienced and motivated
- Maintain an agreed level of productivity/billability and staff
- May be responsible to coordinate client or account activities
for department or function.
- May serve as GMBA for a location or country.
- May manage employees from multiple disciplines (e.g., in
smaller countries) and act as role model for location.
- Participate in and contribute to project bids, including client
- Meet client and business needs to have all projects optimally
resourced with suitably experienced staff.
- Ensure direct reports meet departmental and project
productivity and quality metrics by efficient execution of their
project in line with project plan.
- Meet percentage of travel and billability guidelines for staff,
- Produce accurate resourcing plans in conjunction with
appropriate Project Team Members.
- Provide expertise and consultation, facilitate metrics
collection and develop action plans in conjunction with
Director/Project Leader/Lead to keep projects on time and within
- Drive team members to improve their efficiency and
effectiveness at prioritizing work and improving performance
evidenced by the work produced, client feedback, audit results and
- Check quality of department deliverables (e.g., site visits,
Central File documentation) and take appropriate remedial
- Determine training needs and collaborate with Quality
Management Group to ensure appropriate availability of
- Revise, implement and monitor departmental compliance with
- Implement process improvements, in conjunction with Management
team and the Quality Management Group, in response to client and
team feedback and quality audits.
- Participate in committees, and task force groups.
- Look within and beyond CRS to encourage teamwork, quality and
productivity efforts to the benefit of CRS and Parexel.
- Prepare and submit weekly study specific status reports to
Project Team, Sponsors and management and attend project team
- Act as a liaison with Project Team, Sponsor and management
regarding performance of direct reports.
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership,
management and development of the team to ensure their performance
meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment,
building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the
team in an open, balanced and objective manner
- Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance
and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales. Education
Educated to a degree level (biological science, pharmacy or other
health related discipline preferred) or relevant clinical or
business equivalent Language Skills: Competent in written and oral
English and local language Minimum Work Experience
- Significant work experience in similar position
- Participate in PXL and department system/standards improvement
- Support efforts for generating business leads (client
networking, public speaking, etc.).
- Departmental or Project tasks as assigned. Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a full workload
- Ability to manage Managers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills (including experience in making presentations at
conferences, meetings, training sessions)
- Ability to lead a "virtual" global team as required
- Outstanding negotiation and organizational skills.
- Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and
prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the
importance of teamwork.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word,
- Excellent negotiation skills--- Excellent analytical and
Keywords: PAREXEL, Boston , Senior Manager, Statistical Programming (Remote), Executive , Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!