Lean Manufacturing Manager
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Corporate Continuous Improvement Manager will serve as one of
the primary resources and champions for the planning and
implementation of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and tools across
the Supply Chain through mentoring, training, coaching, and leading
by example to ensure a culture of operational excellence and
continuous improvement throughout the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Serves as a change agent responsible for leading the
organization into an innovative, data driven, team oriented culture
that embraces continuous improvement within an environment of
collaboration and learning.
- Coordinates initiatives across all Supply Chain functions to
ensure optimized cost and/or processes. This coordination will
include, but not be limited to, purchasing, distribution,
manufacturing, R&D, quality, packaging, and
- Develops close working relationships with key external
suppliers to drive Supply Chain improvement initiatives.
- Inspires participation and develops working relationships with
all levels of the operations teams across all facilities that
results in growth, engagement, and ownership of results across key
- Works across all facilities to standardize definitions, tools,
benchmarking, and metrics as well as helping to monitor performance
and identify opportunities.
- Works closely with the CI Managers at each facility to identify
key waste initiatives, lead Kaizen blitz events, identify project
savings, form teams, develop charters, and communicate effectively
with key stakeholders throughout the value stream.
- Provides a high level of technical and operational proficiency
in meeting productivity, material control, product quality, on-time
delivery, and customer service goals.
- Shares and implements best practice initiatives across the
- Reports out productivity results and profitability improvements
to the management teams.
- This position doesn't have any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Has detailed understanding and first-hand experience in
performance improvement tools and methodologies including but not
limited to, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping,
Visual Factory, TPM, etc.
- Ability to mentor, train, and coach lean methodologies while
also not hesitating to provide hands-on support in the execution of
- Proven ability and demonstrated success in developing,
implementing, and sustaining the principles of Lean
- Strong influence management skills with the ability to manage
cross-functional resources without direct reporting
- Knowledge of food processing/packaging technology.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. degree required, preferably in Engineering, Business, or
- 5 years minimum experience in a similar CI role is
- 3-5 Years operations experience in a food manufacturing
environment is required.
- Production supervision experience is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is preferred.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Boston , Lean Manufacturing Manager, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!