Assistant Store Manager
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges
and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no
other - uniquely focused on delivering essential educational
content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment
on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with
our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni,
and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to
sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products
and services for an academic community.
Barnes & Noble College is seeking a resourceful, driven, adaptable,
and customer-focused team member to work as an Assistant Store
Manager in our bookstore. The Assistant Store Manager will support
the Store or General Manager in the daily operation of our retail
store. You will supervise employees and tasks, work directly with
customers, and play an instrumental role in carrying out the
directives of the manager. Cash handling, customer service, team
building, and problem solving are essential skills that will be
used on a daily basis.
As an Assistant Store Manager you will support all store operations
and departments in partnership with the Store Manager or General
Manager. You may be involved in purchasing for one or more
departments, directing operational functions, and/or with
scheduling and team development. At all times you will be expected
to deliver outstanding customer service to the academic and
co-curricular community while helping the store to meet or exceed
sales goals, identify business opportunities, and motivate our
team. With people management you may have direct involvement with
training, directing, and counseling our team to help create
excitement around our products, programs, and initiatives. Driving
our team to create customer experiences that enhance bookstore
loyalty, and deliver measurable results will be a daily
* Develop a working knowledge of all departments in the store to
provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and
* Assign and direct work activities for booksellers or other
management team members to ensure delivery of services, sales, and
* Maintain a presence on the sales floor to greet customers, answer
questions, and assist with purchases of merchandise or services
* Manage customer and/or employee issues appropriately, timely, and
* Assist with hiring and training new employees for the sales floor
or other departments.
* Maintain an appealing sales floor-- shelf, arrange, clean, and
organize product or space within the store.
* Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit,
or financial aid payments.
* Frequent movement within the store to access various departments,
areas, and/or products.
* Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
* Frequent lifting.
* Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing
Our stores comply with all applicable federal, state and local
requirements and/or recommendations regarding social distancing and
sanitizing. In accordance with individual campus requirements,
positions may require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face
masks throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected
* 3+ years' experience in a retail setting.
* 1+ year supervisory experience preferred or a graduate of the
Best Seller Program.
* High school diploma/GED preferred.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
* Familiarity with financial and customer service principles.
* Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc, Boston , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Wellesley, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!