Assistant Store Manager
Company: Tailored Brands
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Reports to Store Manager:
As an Assistant Store Manager, you are expected to partner with
your Store Manager (SM) to assist in leading the store team members
to achieve sales performance expectations through active coaching,
development of a team selling environment, and operational
excellence when you are the manager on duty. This includes working
with your Store Manager to assist in recruiting, hiring, and
training the store team members to deliver an exceptional customer
To be successful in this role the role you will:
* Inspire store team to achieve their best performance
* Execute to maximize growth and potential
* Create an engaged and inclusive store environment
* Elevate the customer experience through operational
* Exceed customer expectations in all interactions
* Partners with Store Manager to assist in leading store staff to
achieve sales, service, and operational expectations.
* Supports the Store Manager efforts to set clear performance
expectations and to ensure the store team is trained in sales,
customer service, and operations to meet company standard.
* Models company values and leads by example as an active
* Communicates priorities and sales driving information effectively
to ensure store staff is equipped to maximize business
* Collaborates with the Store Manager to assist in recruiting store
staff and embraces diversity by contributing to an inclusive store
* Supports the Store Manager in the achievement of store business
plans, including sales, customer service and operational goals.
* Assists the Store Manager in developing game plans and following
up on execution to maximize sales and drive consistent performance
* Partners with Store Manager to present opportunities with
fact-based information and recommendations while leveraging data
(store reports) to make the right decisions.
* Participates in driving business outreach opportunities and
communicate leads to Store Manager, Multi-Unit Manager and Business
* Identifies performance opportunities and partners with Store
Manager to assist in development of a plan to address and manage
* Partners with Store Manager to ensure store schedule accuracy and
proper staffing to effectively execute initiatives and operational
tasks, while maintaining proper sales coverage to deliver on the
* Assists Store Manager with training store staff on all internal
* Stays informed on corporate communication, directives,
initiatives, and policies and procedures.
* Supports the Store Manager with the implementation of store
programs to increase efficiencies in sales, service, operations,
* Contributes to an engaged and inclusive store environment where
opinions and contributions are recognized and valued.
* Supports a culture of learning and development, ensuring training
tools are leveraged.
* Serves as a role model to all store team members and provide
enthusiastic motivational leadership.
* Assists the Store Manager to create a steady pipeline of external
talent through recruitment.
* Partners with Store Manager to conduct regular store meetings
ensuring all store team members are up to date with all company
* Assists the Store Manager to train the store team on the customer
service expectations and create an exceptional customer
* Supports the Store Manager to lead the store team to exceed
customer expectations and achieve a high Net Promoter Score
* Partners with Store Manager to leverage all customer feedback to
take appropriate actions and prevent or resolve customer
* Collaborates with the SM to ensure the store is visually set to
brand standards and marketing initiatives are executed per company
* Minimum of 2 years of Retail or Sales experience.
* Creative individual who demonstrates good judgement and is
tuned-into the pulse of the business.
* Self-motivated, results oriented, strategic thinker.
* Strong organizational and leadership skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrates active listening and problem-solving skills.
* Proven ability to train and develop high performing store
* Proficient in technology systems, applications, Microsoft Office,
and video conferencing.
* Ability to operate a computer and POS System.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Interpret, follow, and execute detailed instructions.
* Learn, apply, and retain Company policies and procedures;
merchandise and selling information.
* Solve employee and customer problems containing numerous
variables and be able to relay sensitive or complex information and
obtain consensus from diverse groups.
* Communicate clearly and professionally all written and verbal
instructions with coworkers and customers.
* Thrive in a fast-paced and competitive team sales
* Read, count, and write to accurately complete documentation and
* Carry out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division or be able to perform these with a calculator.
* Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at
ground level and to assist customers with putting on shoes; bend
down and crouch to mark pants for alterations. Climb a ladder to
reach merchandise and or supplies located above shoulder level.
* Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off
racks or place on customer.
* Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such
as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer,
grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap
* Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes as long
as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
* Frequent (at least 2/3 of the workday) bending and twisting at
neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below
shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation
with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
* See and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
* Work at least 40 hours per week, which may include working any of
the hours the store is in operation, at least two closing shifts
per week, Saturdays, and six days per week during peak periods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Tailored Brands, Boston , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Braintree, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!