Identity and Access Management Engineer
Company: Northeastern University
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About the OpportunityReporting directly to the Chief Information
Security Office (CISO), this role contributes to the Identity and
Access Management program at Northeastern University's global
campus system. -You will be responsible for contributing to IAM
component designs, IAM service development, service integration,
implementation, and operations of university wide IAM services for
all faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, vendors, and
University technology partners.As an IAM engineer you will be
knowledgeable and have demonstrable experience with the following:
Modern approaches to IAM with Microsoft Azure/AD/SSO, OAuth,
OpenID, and SAML; expert knowledge of identity provisioning with
IGAs (e.g. Saviynt); Role-based access control. Experience with
DevOps/SRE methodologies and background in automation/IaC/GitOps.At
Team ITS, your success matters as much as the mission. Learn more
about our flexible, highly dynamic, and values-first culture at
-.This position is eligible for remote work.Qualifications The
minimum education, experience, and skills required to perform the
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
and/or equivalent combination of education and work
- Five years of professional IT experience, preferably within the
domain areas of Identity and Access Management.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft's AzureAD/SSO/Active Directory
and SAML with a strong focus on access control via RBAC/ABAC.
- Well-versed in the information security issues affecting
educational entities and cloud-based application service
- Ability to assess computer systems and business processes for
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation
skills, including formal report writing experience.
- Experience working in Agile teams with Scrum/Kanban/etc.
- Experience with coding in Python or Groovy to transfer,
manipulate identity data, and accomplish process automation.
- Experience with Saviynt's IGA platform.
- Experience with Grouper and Shibboleth.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical delivery and integration for
authentication, authorization, identity provisioning, and identity
governance and administration (IGA) solutions across all University
systems, audience types, and applications.
- Without direct supervision, perform tasks required to ensure
customer satisfaction and departmental SLA's are achieved.
- Provide Tier 1, 2, and 3 support to customers on the services
provided by the department.
- Provide accurate and effective documentation on all issues and
- Provide training and documentation to Tier 1 support and other
department team members on emerging issues.
- Responsible for IAM system production support (may require
outside of regular hours as needed)Position TypeInformation
TechnologyAdditional InformationNortheastern University is an equal
opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly
diverse community of faculty and staff. - Northeastern values and
celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an
inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group
relations and builds cohesion. -All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, disability status, or any other -characteristic
protected by applicable law.To learn more about Northeastern
University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion,
please see .
Keywords: Northeastern University, Boston , Identity and Access Management Engineer, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!