Director, Liver Disease Research
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: November 26, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About the role: At
Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization
that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to
patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and
other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is
possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients
worldwide.Join Takeda as a Director, Liver Disease Research where
you will lead research programs in collaboration with internal and
external partners focused on the development of novel anti-fibrotic
drug candidates for the treatment of chronic liver diseases. You
will be a strong scientific thinker with significant experience
leading discovery and development of oligonucleotide therapies for
liver diseases, and have extensive experience developing and/or
evaluating novel nucleic acid-based therapeutics and delivery
platforms As part of the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI
DDU), you will report to the Head of Liver Research and support,
evaluate and/or identify business development opportunities to
enhance project progression and/or platform expansion, with
specific application to the needs of the liver portfolio including
nucleic acid-based therapeutics and delivery platforms. How you
- Develop and oversee novel scientific projects and manage the
work of others directly and in a matrixed structure.
- Lead efforts to determine mechanism of action for drug targets
and candidates using state-of-the-art methods and tools.
- Oversee the execution of drug candidate and platform
development programs, using contemporary methods and tools in
collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Proactively identify complex obstacles to progress; recommend
and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources;
contribute to research projects through creative ideas.
- Determine methods on new assignments; make strategic
recommendations on projects.
- Seek in-licensing opportunities that bring innovative
approaches to treatment of liver diseases.
- Manage a wide variety of tasks, techniques, and projects;
integrate these responsibilities to produce quality result with a
high level of efficiency.
- Be a scientific mentor.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and leadership. Minimum
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years experience
in the discovery and development of oligonucleotide therapies for
liver diseases, or
- MS with 14+ years experience, or
- BS with 16+ years experience.
- 7 years of Industry experience required.
- 7 years of managerial experience required.
- Significant understanding of complex biological systems.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with technical,
scientific staff and research management.
- Expertise in ASOs/siRNA and/or base editing therapeutics and
- Expertise in the design and execution of in vivo and in vitro
studies for the evaluation of liver-related biology and
- Solid understanding of in silico and computational approaches
in drug development. What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement More about us: At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world. This position is
currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid
and Remote Work policy. In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act,
Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply. EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Locations Boston, MA Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Boston , Director, Liver Disease Research, Executive , Wenham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!