Manager, EDW Analytic Support
Company: TalentBoost (Point32Health)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Manager, EDW Analytic Support seeks to maximize the value of
Harvard Pilgrim's information assets, with an emphasis on the value
of the Enterprise Data Warehouse. The Manager supervises a team of
highly skilled business and data analysts, and collectively they
help constituents better understand the information that supports
their business activities, recommend analytic approaches to address
business decisions, provide architecture and design expertise and
oversight to projects that deliver business decision tools,
facilitate data quality governance processes, manage enterprise
applications that deliver information and analytic tools, monitor
EDW operational activities, and serve as reliable points of contact
for internal and external constituents. -Duties and
- Resource management
- Ensure that Analytic Support staff thoroughly understands
Harvard Pilgrim's strategic directions and specific annual
- Assign staff responsibilities and work assignments to align
with corporate objectives.
- Ensure that staff is appropriately cross trained so that
critical technologies are well supported.
- Personally, manage a portfolio of projects and department
initiatives, in collaboration with Dell colleagues.
- Relationship management
- Ensure that Analytic Support staff understands the business
functions of internal constituents.
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, manage
relationships with key internal constituencies (Corporate Data and
Analytics, Financial, Health Services, Special Investigations Unit,
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, IT Security, others as
- Both personally and through Analytic Support staff, maintain
collegial working relationships with NTT management and staff.
- Technology management
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, ensure
that critical technologies and the NTT staff that support them
receive the guidance and direction required to deliver the expected
value to HPHC. Critical technologies include, but are not
necessarily limited to:
- Teradata data warehouse platform
- MicroStrategy business intelligence tools including
- Teradata EAS
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, maintain
an awareness of newer or evolving technologies that can deliver
demonstrable business value to HPHC, and advocate for their
adoption when appropriate.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to engage business leadership
in the management of HPHC's information technology.
- Either personally or through Analytic Support staff, work to
enable sound governance practices with demonstrable benefit to
HPHC. Examples of such opportunities include:
- Personnel management
- Cultivate a skilled and inclusive workforce. Mentor staff.
Strive to create enough staff capacity to meet the requirements of
all appropriate corporate initiatives, plus CIM initiatives, plus
provide rapid response to ad hoc requests.
- Ensure that Analytic Support staff, collectively, exhibit
mastery over our core competencies:
- Business and data analysis
- Business intelligence methods and tools
- Ability to acquire new skills rapidly
- Business requirements analysis
- Application architecture
- Technical requirements analysis
- Project and program oversight
- Test methodology
- Through the annual performance management process, ensure that
each Analytic Support staff member has a measurable and achievable
set of performance objectives that align with corporate strategic
directions and priorities.
- Through the annual performance management process, ensure that
each Analytic Support staff member has at least one measurable and
achievable professional development objective.
- Manage the relationship with Northeastern University's MBA
Career Center and oversee the hiring and supervision of Corporate
- Give appropriate visibility to the accomplishments of the
Analytic Support staff. -REQUIREMENTSEducation:
- Master's in Data Analytics or equivalent advanced
- 3 years' experience related experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of data warehousing concepts;
hands-on experience as a consumer of data warehouse capabilities;
technical competence in data warehousing.
- Solid background in healthcare administration preferably
spanning both health services/care management and finance.Preferred
- Proven ability to advance multiple projects and deliverables
- Excellent verbal skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent project management skills; experience in software
development life cycle management.
- Ability to interact with business leadership at all levels of
- Prior sales or sales support experience is helpful.
- Working knowledge of SQL is helpful. Other Skills:
- A high-energy individual who can shift easily between
leadership and individual contributor roles.
- Values collaborative, consensus-oriented decision-making but is
decisive when necessary.
- Skillful in the exercise of influence.
- Has a strong bias for action, coupled with an appreciation for
- Team player committed to quality process and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a matrixed
- Committed to maintaining transparency in planning and delivery
- Has a solid track record of earning the respect of his or her
peers. -Working EnvironmentNormal office environment. Must have the
ability to travel between HPHC locations as required by the
position. -DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of employees assigned to this position.Commitment
to Diversity, Equity & InclusionPoint32Health is committed to
making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we
do-from product design to the workforce driving that innovation.
Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will
evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events,
and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread
cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their
teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented
and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified
individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. -COVID PolicyPlease note: As of
January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must
be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful
candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider
reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be
vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law. -About
the CompanyPoint32Health is a leading health and wellbeing
organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care
experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are
building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding
organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care,
where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find
their version of healthier living through a broad range of health
plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.We
enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members,
partners, colleagues and communities.This job has been posted by
TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to
the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment
for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of
TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or
ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable federal, state or local law.Req ID:
Keywords: TalentBoost (Point32Health), Boston , Manager, EDW Analytic Support, Executive , Stoneham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!