Meat - Assistant Manager
Company: Roche Bros. Supermarkets
Posted on: November 26, 2022
To assist the meat manager to effectively plan, organize, lead,
coordinate and optimize the materials and human resources in the
meat department to provide variety and high quality merchandise
appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the meat
department while maintaining great customer service. - To function
as meat manager in his/her absence. -This position starts at $18.51
- Must be 18 years of age with High School diploma or
- Successful experience in meat operation (including
merchandising, ordering, inventorying and pricing).
- Complete training in meat operation.
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English,
with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the
- Authorized to work within the U.S.The list of essential
functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate
morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest
associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is
Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Commit to the "Golden Rule" and work with other associates to
build a strong meat team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where
every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and
thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like
- Ensure the department achieves the standards of performance as
outlined in the work and merchandising plan.
- Possess good communication skills, ability to conduct and
facilitate department meetings, and ensure fair and consistent
treatment in administering discipline to promote high associate
- Responsible for inventory, security and expense control of the
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and
thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our
industry (i.e., scheduling/labor laws, dress code, sanitation
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the
customer and answer product questions.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the
needs of the community.
- Individual and department completion of the
onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of
hire/entering the department. Train and develop associates in
accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Order, receive, unload and store deliveries; store, price,
date, rotate, and stock product and prepare product for display and
- Keep all meat merchandise rotated in accordance with company
policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest
products first (first in, first out).
- Effectively control proper storage limiting shrink and damaged
- Achieve and maintain department's merchandising goals and
standards in cooperation with store manager and department
merchandisers and buyers (such as gross profit, presentation,
- Plan, order, prepare cutting list and process meat according to
work plan and standard to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Assist the department manager with planning work schedules and
breaks; achieve payroll consistently by scheduling within
- Help ensure wage and hour policies and regulations are adhered
to, maintain accurate records, and respond timely to all location
mail, reports, and records.
- Prepare special cuts as requested by customers.
- Help minimize all department expenses without compromising
department conditions or customer service level (i.e., payroll,
supplies, insurance cost).
- Delegate and use initiative, ingenuity and good judgment to act
on opportunities and solve problems.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings along with department manager to
establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product
quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Ensure that company standards of safety, proper food handling
practices, sanitation and productivity are achieved.
- Practice the "Cleaner's Creed" and proper sanitation
- Keep sales and work area swept clean, orderly and free from
safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving
products or using equipment.Secondary Job Functions:
- Verify price checks for customers as needed.
- Ensure department associates adhere to company dress code
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Clean walls, fans and drains in meat cooler, display cases and
- Other duties as assigned by management.The physical demands and
safety risk factors of the job listed below may occur during each
work shift and are listed according to their frequency. -Physical
DemandsFrequencySitting, balancing, fingering, and crawling.0% (N)
NeverClimbing up to 12 feet, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
feeling, talking, and smelling.1-33% (O) OccasionallyCarrying and
lifting up to 80 lbs, pushing and pulling up to 400 lbs, handling,
and bending.34-66% (F) FrequentlyStanding and walking on a title or
concrete floor, reaching at waist or overhead, seeing, and
hearing.67-100% (C) Continuously -Safety Risk
FactorsFrequencyHazardous cleaning solutions.0% (N) NeverContact
with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see material safety data
sheet), nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.1-33% (O) OccasionallyLoud
noise, twisting of back and neck, slippery and cluttered floor
surface.34-66% (F) FrequentlyHazardous equipment (mechanical moving
parts) and contact with sharp objects.67-100% (C) Continuously
-Machines, tools, and equipment utilized:Hamburg grinder, automatic
wrapping machine, needle machine, cube machine, band saw, slicer,
knives, needle machine, pressure washer, pallet jack, power jack,
pricing gun, scale, and trash compactor. -Repetitive
Action:Continuous movement of entire body. -Working Conditions:
-Working environment is inside and possibly outside within cold
temperatures that may be wet or humid.
Keywords: Roche Bros. Supermarkets, Boston , Meat - Assistant Manager, Executive , Needham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!