Chief Compliance Officer
Company: Edelman Financial Engines
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Chief Compliance Officer (Boston, MA)At Edelman Financial
Engines, we believe everyone deserves to move their financial life
forward. We know that assets have the power to fund goals. Those
numbers represent individual lifetimes filled with hard work and
dreams for our clients and generations to follow. Our clients trust
us to guide them forward with empathy, integrity and invention. We
uphold that same standard of respect and commitment for clients and
colleagues alike. Founded on the idea that financial education is
afundamental right for everyone, Edelman Financial Engines
continues to grow and challenge the status quo. We're moving
forward, together. If our purpose-driven commitment inspires you,
we invite you to consider joining our team. As Chief Compliance
Officer (CCO), reporting to the General Counsel, you will manage
and be responsible for the investment advisory compliance program
of an investment advisory firm registered with the SEC under the
Investment Advisers Act of 1940 with more than $275B in AUM. The
CCO will be a thoughtful, credible and savvy business partner
across the organization as it responds to an ever-changing
regulatory environment and continued growth. Candidates who have
worked within the areas of retirement plans, retail advisory, and
information technology will be given heightened consideration, as
will candidates with regulatory experience (SEC, FINRA) and a law
degree.In addition to an earnest desire to help people, we are
looking for the ideal candidate to complement the team's existing
talents. For this CCOrole, we are seeking a candidate with
comprehensive industry knowledge and the ability to lead our
Compliance function toward continued improvement. If you are an
innovative thinker with the ability to lead a high performing
Compliance Team, this may be an opportunity for
- Manage investment advisory compliance program in accordance
with Investment Adviser Act of 1940.
- Conduct, oversee and document periodic regulatory risk
assessments to determine compliance risk.
- Develop, test and maintain policies and procedures for
applicable regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Manage regulatory review and oversight of marketing
communications and advisory services of the firm.
- Ensure adequate disclosures for Form ADV and compliance with
- Develop, oversee and prepare annual compliance review and
periodic reports to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Work with senior management to develop and maintain controls to
monitor effectiveness of compliance program and promptly address
any noncompliance with laws, requirements, policies or
- Evaluate new or enhanced services, processes and initiatives
for compliance issues.
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication
program for the organization, including promoting heightened
awareness of compliance requirements, understanding of new and
existing compliance issues and related policies and
- Prepare and review training materials and provide compliance
training to new hires and continuing education for existing
employees to keep current on the changing regulatory
- Prepare for and lead examinations or investigations conducted
by SEC or other external parties.
- Oversee regulatory filings and IAR registrations.
- Participate in key SEC outreach programs and maintain current
knowledge of investment advisory laws, regulations, enforcement
actions and litigation, and regulatory guidance.
- Champion our firm's compliance policies and risk management
- Supervise compliance team.
- Special projects as requested.Critical Characteristics and
- An exemplary standard of integrity, especially when under
- Highly skilled at savvy, risk-informed, data-driven management
of compliance and regulatory risk.
- Ability to lead, supervise, and evolve a diverse and dispersed
team of compliance professionals.
- Inherent ability to know when to educate, advocate, or dictate
compliance related requirements.
- Superb cross-functional influencing skills.
- Innovative thinking with the added ability to translate cutting
edge ideas into efficient new business processes and tools.
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and adaptability when working in a
rapidly changing environment.
- Problem-solving skills: able to analyze multiple options,
identify and articulate consequences, and develop the best
fact-based solution tailored to company's circumstances.
- Proven ability to delegate responsibility and empower
associates to make decisions and the ability to manage up and down
in the organization effectively.
- Able to influence others without direct authority and at all
levels of the organization.
- Polished interpersonal skills with the ability to work
efficiently and diplomatically with both external customers and
- Ability to resolve conflict with a style that shows respect for
multiple points of view.
- Results oriented: fosters a culture that values customer
service, innovation, and healthy competition in the
- Able to advocate new ideas, even when risk is
- Significant experience in developing and implementing
investment advisory compliance programs, systems and
- Ability to advocate and influence cross-functionally at all
levels within an organization.
- Detailed knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940,
related rules and regulations, and compliance best practices.
- Understanding of ERISA.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills.
- Experienced with use of technology to deliver investment advice
and compliance testing.
- Excellent subject matter and business judgment, superior
leadership skills and delivery-oriented attitude.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications and presentation
- Ability to interface directly and effectively with
- Four-year college degree. JD or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years investment management industry experience,
with at least the last 5 in a senior compliance role, ideally as a
CCO.About Edelman Financial EnginesSince 1986, Edelman Financial
Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests
of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all investors
deserve access to personal, integrated financial planning and
investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent
financial planning and investment advisory firm, as recognized by
Barron's,1 with 145+ offices2 across the country and entrusted by
more than 1.3 million clients to manage $275 billion in assets.3Our
unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced
methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a
dedicated personal financial planner. Every client's situation and
goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and
high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal
plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.For more
information, visit - 2022 Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. Edelman
Financial Engines - is a registered trademark of Edelman Financial
Engines, LLC. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines
Advisors L.L.C., a federally registered investment advisor. Results
are not guaranteed. See
EdelmanFinancialEngines.com/patent-information for patent
information.For California residents, please see the link for the .
California law requires that we provide you this notice about the
collection and use of your personal information. Please read it
carefully.Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our
individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, pregnancy; marital, domestic partner or civil union
status; national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage,
genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military
service or veteran status.1 The 2021 Top 100 Independent Advisory
Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative,
including assets managed, revenue generated, regulatory record,
staffing levels and diversity, technology spending and succession
planning. Firms elect to participate but do not pay to be included
in the ranking. Compensation is paid for use and distribution of
the rating. Investor experience and returns are not considered.2
Firm stats as of Dec. 31, 2021.3 Firm stats as of March 31,
Keywords: Edelman Financial Engines, Boston , Chief Compliance Officer, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!