Inventory and Logistics Manager
Company: Viken Detection
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: The Inventory and Logistics Manager will be
responsible for all activities related to:
- Inventory control,
- Shipping & receiving,
- 3rd party logistics, including Import/Export ComplianceThis is
a highly visible position within the organization, interacting with
all functions internally. The I&L Manager must be comfortable
as the direct interface with suppliers and customers to ensure
alignment and expectations are met. The I&L Manager will be
responsible for developing and maintaining procedures and processes
related to Shipping & receiving, Inventory control and Compliance
with Import/Export law.Position Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop team responsible for shipping, receiving and
- Within the function, effectively lead, develop, and enable the
organization to achieve its production objectives.
- Inventory management, including safe handling, storage,
movement, and integrity of material.
- Ensure system accuracy of all receiving, location-to-location,
and shipping transactions.
- Working with suppliers, customers, and 3PL providers to
coordinate shipping, pick-ups, and direct-to-customer
- Effectively respond to non-standard inquiries and requests
while maintaining compliance to the formal process.
- Take a lead role in development of a cycle count program and
lead physical inventories, as needed.
- Drive and track key metrics, as
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, though relevant work experience
with related training and/or professional qualifications will be
- Proven track record, with a minimum of 10 years working and 5
years supervising teams in an Inventory and Logistics
- Warehouse and stockroom layout design and implementation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with 3PL
- Kanban and VOMI programs.
- FIFO material flow.
- 5S practices.
- Handling and transacting NCMR material.
- Familiar with warehouse lifting and moving equipment.
- Understanding of Import/Export practices and compliance.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Current Driver's License.
- Proficiency with computers; Microsoft Office skills
preferred.Other Attributes or Qualifications:
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player, positive attitude.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Calm and approachable nature with the ability to communicate
effectively and professionally at all levels within the
organization, and externally with suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure, often to tight and changing
- A flexible approach to working hours as
Keywords: Viken Detection, Boston , Inventory and Logistics Manager, Executive , Burlington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!