Neuroscience - Area Sales Manager - New England
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Territory: New England Neuroscience
Target citiesfor territory include Boston, Providence, Hartford &
Albany- will consider candidates who live within100 miles of
territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Territory
boundaries include:Borders: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire,
Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York state
excluding Metro NYC.
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health,
so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our
purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused
solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline,
bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in
neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
As an Area Sales Manager (ASM) you will be responsible for leading,
developing, and managing a diverse, high performing sales team to
achieve sales goals for promotedproducts within our psychiatry
portfolio. Set and lead the development of area strategic direction
and tactical sales plans using robust analytical skills to identify
strengths and opportunities, while minimizing weaknesses and
threats to execute those plans and meet or exceed sales goals.
- Achieves business objectives and sales results by observing
Account Manager interactions with target customers, extended
treatment team members, ancillary staff and providing them with
individual coaching, feedback and inspiration. Helps Account
Manager continue to develop for success in current role and for
- Establishes a result driven highly collaborative team culture
by demonstrating personal accountability, teamwork, and
- Leads by example and works collaboratively across functional
areas by serving as a resource and by leveraging the expertise of
- Recruits, develops, and retains diverse, high performing
Account Managers to Lundbeck. Knowing the Business
- Guides the identification of local market systems of care,
patient flow, reimbursement, and provides innovation solutions
- Identifies strategic relationships that are valuable to the
area s business (e.g. KOLs, advocacy, P&T committee, etc.)
- Actively seeks to discover and meet the needs of internal and
external customers by building relationships and delivering
- Ensures that Account Managers can accurately craft Managed
Markets selling messages to effectively position Lundbeck s
products within the context of the provider s setting and payer
mix. Managing Execution
- Sets and maintains competent product knowledge and selling
skills standards within the team. Directs and monitors the
execution of approved marketing plans and promotion campaigns.
Evaluate and identify improvement and development opportunities of
account managers through performance management process to include
clear, timely, and actionable feedback on a regular basis.
- Facilitates local market execution by aligning the sales force
and other cross-functional areas (to include alliance partners),
persuading, convincing, or motivating a targeted audience through
collaboration and direct or indirect influence.
- Analyzes sales reports and develops plan of action.
- Maintains timely communication with account managers,
management and in-house personnel. Manages multiple priorities and
resources related to individual and group efforts. Takes
responsibility for redirecting efforts as needed to deliver high
productivity and quality of work from self and others.
- Assures adherence to all standards, policies, procedures and
guidelines as set forth by the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an
accreditedcollege or university
- External Candidates: Minimum of 3+ years sales management
experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical s, Biologics or
- Internal Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of Commercial
experience in areas such as: Sales Management, Training, Market
Access, Sales Operations, or Marketing or a minimum of 2 years
consistent sales success within Lundbeck
- Documented track record of sales success and financial
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to develop, train and
provide feedback to a group of account managers.
- Must possess superior communication skills, both written and
- Driving is an essential duty of this job; must have a valid
driver s license with a safe driving record that meets company
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard
credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer
facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck.
- Must live within 100 miles of territory boundaries or must live
in a state adjacent to area
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired
employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide
proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous CNS sales management experience
- Previous sales management experience and/or experience in other
areas of the business; i.e., marketing, sales training, managed
care account manager, sales operations, account management is a
- Previous sales management experience in hospital, IDN and/or
other institutional settings
- Documented successful sales management performance including
national sales awards
- Previous experience in Injectable/Infusion and/or Buy and Bill
- Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e.
- Previous experience partnering with Advocacy groups
- Previous experience building and developing effective
- Experience in product launch or expansion within sales
- Lives within 100 miles of territory boundaries
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 70% domestically to (a)
regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel
within assigned territory; and (b) attend internal/external
conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United
States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
The range displayed is a national range, and if selected for this
role, may vary based on various factors such as the candidate s
geographical location, qualifications, skills, competencies and
proficiency for the role.Salary Pay Range: $145,000 - $180,000 and
eligibility for a sales incentive target of $48,000, and
eligibility to participate in the company s long-term incentive
plan. Benefits for this position include flexible paid time off
(PTO), health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision,
company match 401k and company car. Additional benefits information
can be found on our career site.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that
we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a
deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies
to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting
started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive
culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven,
Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to
make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help
employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday
life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on
the U.S. career site .
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with
disabilities during our employment application process. If, because
of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part
of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site .
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify .
.buttontextdc743c14a a border: 1px solid transparent;
.buttontextdc743c14a a:focus border: 1px dashed !important;
outline: none !important;
Tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can
be their best
With too many people living with brain diseases around the world,
our purpose couldn't be more important or more worth striving for.
Every day we work tirelessly to change the outcome for these
people. We are a community of specialists fiercely dedicated to
restoring brain health, drawing on, and embracing, the uniqueness
of every employee.
Our global footprint
Our approximately 5,300 employees in more than 50 countries are
engaged across the entire value chain throughout research,
development, production, marketing, and sales. Our research
programs tackle some of the most complex challenges in
neuroscience, and our pipeline is focused on bringing forward
transformative treatments for brain diseases for which there are
few, if any therapeutic options . click apply for full job
Keywords: Lundbeck, Boston , Neuroscience - Area Sales Manager - New England, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!