Assistant Program Manager - ACCS - Winston Road
Company: Bay Cove Human Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Assistant Program Manager - ACCS - Winston Road
Boston, MA, USA
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to
overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Job Summary: The Assistant Integrated Team Director works with the
Integrated Team Director to establish, administer, and direct the
ACCS Integrated Team which provides community based clinical
services to adults with mental health challenges. These clinical
and recovery oriented services are individualized and emphasize the
use of evidence based strategies to engage, build relationships and
promote active involvement with the Person served. The Assistant
Integrated Team Director ensures that services are fully aligned
and integrated with other community based systems and are designed
to assure early and sustained engagement and clinical
accountability. The Assistant Integrated Team Director contributes
to Bay Cove's mission by partnering with Persons to work towards
personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and
improved quality of life. This is an exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities:At the discretion of the ACCS Program
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assist in the facilitation of the day-to-day clinical
operations of the ACCS Integrated Team including participation in
regular the staff meetings; ensuring appropriate staff coverage for
day and evening, weekend, and holiday shifts, and on-call hours;
continuously evaluating the status of Persons served on the team
and directing the planning and coordinating of appropriate
treatment activities to ensure immediate attention to their
- Provide guidance, feedback, and training to ACCS Integrated
team members to insure the knowledgeable incorporation of evidence
based practices and philosophies into engagement strategies,
treatment planning and the selection of interventions based on each
Persons' assessed readiness and expressed interest in order to
support long-term recovery.These practices include but are not
limited to; Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral for
Treatment (SBIRT), Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing,
Harm Reduction, Seeking Safety and Trauma Recovery and Empowerment
- Assist in the direction and coordination of the development and
operation of risk mitigation strategies, risk assessment and
critical incident tracking for all ACCS Integrated Team
- In the absence of the Integrated Team Director, direct and
coordinate the intake process and treatment, rehabilitation, and
support services of the program; schedule the intake interview;
develop and coordinate the initial assessment and any initial
treatment planning needed to address identified critical needs;
participate in assigning the most appropriate staff to the
Engagement Team; and provide clinical supervision over the
development of the comprehensive assessment and the treatment plan
for each Person.
- Assist in ensuring the provision and documentation of treatment
and rehabilitation services to all Persons served by the team and
ensure these services are delivered in a courteous, helpful, and
- Participate in staff and intern recruitment, interviewing,
hiring, orientation, work assignments, supervision, and performance
evaluation in accordance with program and agency policy.
- Collaborate with Care Coordination Entities and other providers
to ensure access to appropriate medical, clinical, self-help, and
peer modalities during times of crisis, care transitions, other
life transitions and changes in health status.
- Utilize recovery-oriented language and principles in all
communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and
- Provide crisis assessment, prevention, and needed intervention
during the work day and while on-call on nights and weekends as
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Integrated Team by
sharing in the administrative responsibilities and on-call coverage
on a rotating basis as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisorRequirements for
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or
related field required.
- LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, or other behavioral health category which
qualifies as Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts
- At least three years of experience providing services to adults
with mental health challenges.
- At least two years of supervisory and management
- Demonstrated expertise in team building and facilitating group
- Strong commitment to the right of each Person with mental
health challenges to live in community residences, to work in
market jobs, and to have access to helpful, adequate, competent,
and continuous supports and services of their own choosing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on an as needed
- Professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and
time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions
using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication
administration required within 3 months of hire.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 3 months of
- Ability to climb stairs and carry up to 40 pounds, as well as
the physical capacity to assist people with mobility impairments as
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential
offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One
COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving
the second shot within the allotted time frame.Mission Traits:
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets
evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with
Min Hiring Rate
- Boston, MA, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Bay Cove Human Services, Boston , Assistant Program Manager - ACCS - Winston Road, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!