Enterprise Account Manager (Boston)
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Enterprise Account Manager (Boston) page is loaded Enterprise
Account Manager (Boston) Apply locations United States -
Massachusetts - Boston time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days
Ago job requisition id 31048950 Abbott is a global healthcare
leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our
portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of
healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics,
medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our
115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.JOB
DESCRIPTION:About AbbottAbbott is a global healthcare leader,
creating breakthrough science to improve people's health. We're
always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical
science and technology.Working at AbbottAt Abbott, you can do work
that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be
your true self and live a full life. You'll also have access
- Career development with an international company where you can
grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment
Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program
and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to
getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of
countries around the world and named one of the most admired
companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies
to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working
mothers, female executives, and scientists.The Opportunity
- This position is a remote position.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in Boston, MA .
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.What
You'll Work OnThis position sells the entire Abbott Diagnostics
Division (ADD) product line to large, complex strategic named
accounts and/or strategic named prospect accounts. This role will
focus on the strategic customer relationship, retention,
penetration, and net new customer selling.Primary responsibilities
include establishing and building senior level relationships and
leveraging them in driving new profitable sales and protecting base
business. Understanding and assessing customers' business
objectives, strategies, and requirements, identifying innovative
solutions to meet account needs and overall account management
including detailed account planning and sales forecasting.
- Responsible for driving profitable revenue and closing
opportunities within strategic named accounts by initiating,
developing and/or delivering unique solutions that result in
improved customer outcomes and benefits Abbott, ensures all
commitments are met.
- Investigates and understands the strategic account and their
business environment including goals, objectives, strategies and
- Identifies industry trends and changing market regulations and
understands impact on strategic account.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of customer decision makers
and influencers, builds and preserves customer relationships to
leverage in driving new sales and protecting base business.
- Identifies opportunities or acts upon previously identified
opportunities to prepare and deliver account-specific Abbott value
proposition resulting in positive action.
- Understands, analyzes and accurately interprets key financial
performance indicators for strategic accounts and how Abbott's
solutions will impact targeted financial objectives. Negotiates
contracts resulting in long-term commitments.
- Provides leadership and direction regarding all Abbott
interactions with strategic accounts, acts as a trusted advisor to
- Integrates information from ongoing business analysis and
assessment into a multi-year plan and leads through persuasion and
personal influence an internal 'selling' team to develop an
actionable account strategy with short-term tactics to achieve
- Coordinates all appropriate Abbott resources to execute the
strategic account plan including assigning roles, expectations,
responsibilities and timelines, engages members of the team through
ongoing communication, tactical planning and execution.
- Acts as an internal advocate for the customer, cultivates
Abbott internal relationships and leverages to drive business
- The incumbent has direct sales responsibility selling to the 'C
Suite' or senior executives establishing long term relationships
that must be leveraged to drive new and protect existing
- S/he will manage 7 to 10 single tier accounts (80-150
hospital/Lab entities) consisting of multiple locations (up to 15)
for a single large account or large complex accounts and is
responsible for annual revenues of -$4 to $8 million with minimum
of 2X that in new business opportunity.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the P&L for each
customer as well as developing the profitable growth that is needed
to achieve LRP commitments.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proven sales experience at executive level selling broad and
complex product line for a minimum of 1-3 years is required.
- Proven ability to build long term strategic and senior level
relationships and demonstrated capability to uncover a large
complex organization's strategic long- term plan and short- term
tactics and translate into a winning solution.
- Proven success as an expert in all aspects of value-based,
solution selling and ability to work in cross-functional teams to
meet clearly defined objectives that benefit the company and
- Ability to effectively communicate, speak in public, and adapt
to rapidly changing environments is a must.
- Executive level business and financial acumen, strong team
leadership skills and knowledge of all products and services. They
should be an expert in 'getting things done' within the company and
possess strong negotiation skills, critical thinking, and
- Additionally, must have strong internal and external networking
skills with robust inter-personal skills that will develop and
enhance long term relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 75% in assigned territory and other
locations in the US to attend training and support business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, life sciences, engineering, or
related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing and selling customized
solutions to senior level/C-suite executives in healthcare
- 5+ years of experience understanding performance metrics in
Hospital or Laboratory settings and recommending solutions
- Understanding of diagnostics industry is a plus.* Participants
who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage
in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next
calendar year.Learn more about our health and wellness benefits,
which provide the security to help you and your family live full
lives: www.abbottbenefits.com Follow your career aspirations to
Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you
build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with
us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and
on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.The salary for this role
is between:N/AJOB FAMILY:Sales ForceDIVISION:IACC Immunoassay and
Clinical ChemistryLOCATION:United States of America :
RemoteADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:StandardTRAVEL:Yes, 50 % of
the TimeMEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not ApplicableSIGNIFICANT WORK
ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2
consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for
prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day),
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a
time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or
truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Keyboard
use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English:
http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf EEO is
the Law link - Espanol:
Similar Jobs (1) Sales Executive- Northeast locations 2 Locations
time type Full time posted on Posted 9 Days Ago About Us Abbott -
is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, - Abbott -
has been helping people reach their potential - because better
health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a
diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160
countries, we create new solutions - across the spectrum of health,
around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it's
next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based
nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the
most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare,
helping people live their best lives through better health. The
people of - Abbott - come to work each day with relentless energy,
enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of
millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and
treat some of life's greatest health challenges.We invite you to
explore opportunities at - Abbott , to see if your talents and
career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity
employer, - Abbott - welcomes and encourages diversity in our
workforce.Follow Us:Facebook LinkedIn YouTube Twitter Your Privacy
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Boston , Enterprise Account Manager (Boston), Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...