Emergency Management Program Manager
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Emergency Management Program Manager page is loaded Emergency
Management Program Manager Apply locations Boston time type Full
time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id 28864 POSITION
SUMMARY:Manages all aspects of program administration and
operation, including financial and grants management, strategic
planning, personnel management, public relations and promoting the
program to the public. Duties include managing data, maintaining
budgets, preparing grants proposals; functioning as a key liaison
with public and private funding sources, regulatory agencies and
relevant hospital programs.Position: Emergency Management Program
Manager Department: Emergency PreparednessSchedule: Full
TimeESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:Works collaboratively with
the Principal Investigator or Program Director of EMERGENCY
MANAGEMENT and the leadership of the ABULATORY AND OPERATIONS to
create and manage a seamless system of EMERGENCY PREAREDNESS at
Boston Medical Center. Program Implementation and
- Develops and implements all guidelines and policies with the
purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as
well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the program, making adjustments
as needed. Develops and implements quality initiatives, including
staff recruiting and training, monitoring/reporting of significant
clinical events, monitoring/recording patient/family satisfaction,
and monitoring/recording satisfaction of referral sources.
- Works with the Principal DIRECTOR to create, develop and
recommend changes in program model; implements new OPERATIONAL
PROGRAMS TO SUPPORT clinical services, as needed. Ensures
culturally appropriate continuum of services for clients.
- Works with existing partners to ensure seamless delivery of
services for high need clients.
- Ensures the department maintains an up-to-date listing of and
liaison with mental health service providers, including hospitals,
family stabilization teams, outpatient facilities, residential
facilities and shelters.Personnel Management
- Works with Principal DIRECTOR, department managers, and Human
Resources on the selection of qualified employees for employment
following all policies, guidelines, and applicable laws.
- Responsible for effective personnel management including
training, directing, chairing meetings, mentoring and instilling a
commitment to quality and excellence.
- Monitors productivity and performance to identify and evaluate
program/ department strengths and training opportunities in
relation to operational effectiveness. -
- Conducts employee performance evaluations and disciplines when
appropriate to include termination, with appropriate supportive
documentation as per established policy.
- Encourages staff and personally advances professional growth
and development through participation in educational programs and
workshops and maintaining knowledge of industry standards and
- Maintains personnel files for all assigned staff, including
current CV, current job description, core competency ratings,
mandatory education requirements, continuing education
requirements, and yearly performance evaluation/goals and
- Maintains time off records; maintains clinician work schedules.
Processes all payroll requests, action forms, time cards and
- Assists with orientation and supervision of graduate interns
(e.g. public health or medical students), residents and research
assistants rotating through the department. NEW STAFF
- Attends community and national events in an effort to influence
policy and build positive relationships.
- Articulates the purpose and goals of the program to potential
partners and general public through written articles, distribution
of promotional materials, public speaking and other
- Works in tandem with the Development office to secure funds,
donations and grants to facilitate donor cultivation and
stewardship in order to meet the budgetary requirements of the
- Works with Principal Investigator or Program Director and staff
to identify funding sources, developing proposals and case
statements and solicit major gifts.Administration
- Works with Program Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate
data collection and to maintain a data management system. Compiles
statistics and uses data to determine status of program
- Works with Program Director to oversee and review all requests
for training and consultation
- Writes the quarterly progress reports and annual progress
reports for submission to all external funding
- Develops summary budgets, status and projections of each grant;
reports problematic funding issues to with Principal Investigator
or Program Director. Reviews and authorizes all grant fund
disbursements ensuring budget compliance.
- Functions as a key liaison with MOVA, DCF, DPH, SAMHSA, BPHC,
MHA, COBTH, IAEM, MEMA, FEMA, DHS and other federal, state and city
agencies. Ensures clear communication and coordination between
Boston Medical Center and all regulatory agencies.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to review requests for training
and consultation, discuss intern training program and other
relevant programmatic topics.OTHER DUTIES:
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct,
including those pertaining to patient rights, to ensure that
exceptional customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for
decision making and to support the hospital's mission and
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.(The
above statements in this job description are intended to depict the
general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in
this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list
of accountable duties and responsibilities required).JOB
- Requires a Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) with an
emphasis in EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT, human services, education, public
administration, social work, or community development.CERTIFICATES,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a minimum of five to seven years of experience in the
non-profit OR PUBLIC sector or in a similar clinical experience,
with at least 3 years in a leadership or supervisory role.KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to provide leadership and coordinate the work of a team
of assigned team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to be
detailed oriented in all notes and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in areas such as grant
management, training, team building, program
development/management, problem solving, and community
- Ability to analyze needs and apply resources effectively to
meet those needs.
- Ability to achieve targeted results through motivating,
mobilizing, and delegating to others.
- Experience with Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and web
page usage/updating, social networking and other technologies that
can be used to further carry the program's mission.
- Demonstrated skills in the provision of services in a
- Bilingual skills preferred. About Us BMC Named by U.S. News &
World Report Among the Best Hospitals in the Region and a High
Performing Provider in the Areas of Nephrology and GeriatricsThe
Human Rights Campaign named BMC a Leader in LGBT Healthcare
Equality in its 2014 Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) report.BMC
Named one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's
Hospital ReviewBoston Magazine Named 62 BMC Physicians as "Tops" in
their Respective Fields, Including Nahid Bhadelia, MD, Infectious
Diseases, Featured on the Cover.BMC wins Healthy Hospital Award
from Stryker Sustainability Solutions for our dedication to
reducing waste and investing in environmentally sound health care
practices.Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
Analytics Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model Honors BMC with
Stage 6 Recognition.
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Boston , Emergency Management Program Manager, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...