Sr Director, Project Management - Biotechnology
Company: Michael Page US
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Sr Director, Project Management - Biotechnology Boston Permanent
USD200,000 - USD265,000 per year
- Biotechnology start-up in Boston with mRNA platform and wholly
- High-level position to provide strategic input on drug pipeline
direction.About Our ClientThis client is an early-staged biotech
start-up in the Boston area which has discovered/developed a robust
drug pipeline led through its proprietary mRNA platform
The business has healthy cashflow which takes funding through 2026
and aims to expand its group in Boston including Discovery,
Bioassay, Formulations, Quality, Regulatory and leadership among
other areas.Job Description
- Partner with the Executive Management Team to drive pipeline
prioritization process, monitor budget and timeline, conceive and
implement pipeline value growth strategy in collaboration with SAB,
BD, and business function heads.
- Partner with BD to identify trends and opportunities; generate
strategic insights based on in-depth analysis; provide actionable
recommendations which enable EMT to make informed decisions.
- Develop project scopes, timeline, and objectives, involving all
relevant stakeholders and ensuring science and technical
- Track and align the timeline, budget and spending to projects
and projects priorities in collaboration with the business
functions and the finance team.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope
and within budget which includes real time tracking, measuring, and
adjusting as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation (CDA,
Reviews & Signoffs, proposals, TSs etc.) and update pipeline, data,
and project for the company deck.
- Partner with EMT to oversight of key communication and
presentations requests for projects related i.e., weekly business
meetings, board, JVC meetings, external facing webinars and
meetings with potential investors/collaborators.
- Management; this individual will directly oversee an Operations
Manager and BD Manager.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.The Successful Applicant
- MD, PHD or MBA.
- At least 3 years of managing consulting experience for relevant
industry (biotech/pharma). Well-versed in biology or related
scientific fields. Consulting experience in biotech is highly
- Ability to operate efficiently in a hands-on, start-up style of
- Strong understanding of the pharma/biotech landscape in the
- Extensive project and program management experience in
- Sophisticated understanding of the drug development cycle.
Experience in mRNA is preferred.
- Capable of leading without formal authority and working
efficiently in matrix environment; strong team player.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Ability to commute to Boston site full-time due to relationship
building with executive management and other stakeholders.What's on
- Competitive base salary for biotechnology industry.
- Annual bonus.
- Excellent benefits package.
- World-class technology platform which has developed novel drug
portfolio with strong pipeline.
- Top level strategic head position
- Highly visible role expected to interact with executive
- Ability to hire and grow team in the future.
Keywords: Michael Page US, Boston , Sr Director, Project Management - Biotechnology, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...