VP, People Strategy and Business Partnering
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 19, 2023
About the Job
The VP, People Strategy and Business Partnering provides strategic
direction and support to business leaders across Foundation
Medicine. With business insight and HR expertise, this role serves
as the key people strategist s that drive business value, optimize
resources, instill FMI's culture across FMI's workforce. The VP
provides leadership and direction to a team of People Strategy
Leaders and People Business Partners. This role also has oversight
of the enterprise-wide functions of Employee Relations. The VP
People Strategy and Business Partnering is a member of the People
Leadership Team and collaborates with peers on people related
topics, helping to create and define the vision and roadmap for HR
to drive business performance and engagement.
Prospective candidates applying for this role must reside in
Boston, MA Metropolitan Area
- Strategic Business Partner
- Understand the industry, competitive landscape, and Foundation
Medicine's current and future revenue streams with significant
- Translate organization strategy into people strategy and
understand implications of one on the other.
- Utilize people value levers to enable and advance the
- Ensure the people first corporate objectives are prioritized as
part of the functional objectives in a way that supports the
broader functional people strategy.
- Balances the unique needs of various business units with
broader enterprise needs.
- Relationship Builder and Credible Advisor
- Enable PSLs to support the business in the decision-making
- Build and maintain strong relationships with ET and LT members
through demonstrated HR expertise and thoughtful coaching.
- Build strong and effective partnerships across the People Team
to deliver the expert care to the business.
- Effectively deploy coaching skills with executive and
leadership teams to enhance overall business impact.--
- Solutions-Driven Problem Solver
- Function as a trusted advisor to Executive Team and Senior
Leadership Team members.--
- Seek different perspectives by engaging relevant stakeholders
and through facilitated problem-solving sessions.
- Prioritize competing priorities across the business to provide
the appropriate level of service for evolving needs.
- Represent "one enterprise" view, recognizing trade-offs when
considering people-related solutions.
- Apply subject matter expertise to address complex business
problems and develop creative solutions collaboratively.
- Adjust both approach and unique solutions in the face of new
information and rapidly changing environment.
- Define clear success metrics in line with business
- Clearly communicate the people vision and results of your
- Inspirational Leader and Coach
- Lead, coach, and develop People Team members to build and
foster a high performing, results driven team and drive the
development of leadership and talent capability and
- Champion and steward FMI's unique culture - ensure that as we
grow, our management practices are healthy and aligned with our
- Invest in development and engagement of team members.
- Collaborator Across the People Leadership Team
- Draw on expertise, deep prior experience, and nuanced business
and industry understanding to offer consultation to fellow HR
- Act as a key stakeholder and collaborative partner with HR
centers of excellence. Support the creation and implementation of
OKRs, strategy, and major decisions regarding people programs and
- Spearhead adoption of new People Team operating model to ensure
- Collaborate with PT functions and PLT to develop and deploy
People Team strategies, policies, programs, and services that scale
and enable execution of current business needs.--
- Consolidate enterprise activity across a variety of annual
- Work on special and confidential projects with CPO as
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational
Development/Psychology, Business Administration, or a related
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience
- 5+ years of people leadership experience with direct oversight
of people managers
- Master's Degree or MBA preferred
- Industry/domain experience within assigned area of focus for
- Experience in life sciences organization
- Experience as a change champion and managing through change
- Prior experience directly supporting C-level
- Prior experience collaborating with HR COE partners/expertise
to develop business solutions
- Demonstrated experience in relationship and trust building at
the leadership level
- A demonstrated track record of proactively engaging executive
with a strong degree of professional maturity, ability to
push-back, and success in influencing outcomes
- Strong business and financial acumen--
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence,
and partner with leaders at the executive level
- High energy level, a driving sense of urgency and a seasoned
"make it happen/can do" orientation
- Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data
- Commitment to model FMI's values: Passion, Patients,
Innovation, and Collaboration--
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Boston , VP, People Strategy and Business Partnering, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!