Company: Codman Square Health Center, Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Job Location: 1100 Washington Street - Boston, MA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager is responsible
for leading month-end and year-end close, GL reconciliation,
financial analysis and reporting, managing AP and cash
disbursements, leading quarterly forecast and annual budget
development, year-end audit and external reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts Payable and Cash Management
- Supervise Finance and Administrative Coordinator to ensure all
the disbursements are in compliance with CSHC and its affiliates
accounts payable policy and procedures.
- Review AP aging reports weekly, work with Finance and
Administrative Coordinator to follow up with directors, managers,
and vendors, so that invoices are processed timely.
- Maintain Vision 360 invoice approving system, adding new users,
updating vendor and approver mapping, assigning GL accounts and
cost centers for new vendors, ensuring accurate coding of
- Review new vendor set-up for accurate classification of vendors
for 1099 reporting purpose, review 1099 preparation and ensure
timely filing of 1099s.
- Supervise preparation of cash and check bank deposits and
ensure proper documentation and records retention.
- Review daily Cash Recording Worksheet file and cash journal
entries, and reconciliation of monthly patient cash and third-party
payments to EPIC accounts receivable payments posted by the CSHC's
billing agent to ensure proper AR balances.
General Ledger Close and Financial Reporting
- Review bank account reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Lead month-end close and review monthly journal entries for
CSHC and its related affiliates (CSCT, CECA-SS), review all
workpapers, and ensure all accounts are supported by accurate
analysis with supporting documents.
- Oversee accurate distribution of monthly P&L to each cost
centers with proper administrative and other overhead cost
- Prepare and provide quarterly forecast and summarize financial
position to operating directors and managers.
- Assist Controller to analyze business performance/results and
provide the analysis to the leadership team to support decision
- Lead the Accounting team on timely production of financial
statements and financial analysis.
- Prepare monthly Finance Committee package including Executive
Summary, Power Point slides for Finance Committee meetings, ensure
the Finance Committee package is distributed timely.
- Prepare workpapers and review workpapers prepared by the
Finance team for the annual external audit, coordinate with HR and
billing agent for information requested by the auditors, provide
the information requested by auditors in a timely manner to ensure
timely and successful year-end audit.
- Lead the compilation of the annual operating and capital
budgets for all three entities and timely distribute the budget
package to the Finance Committee and to the leadership
- Prepare and review worksheets and support documents needed for
Form 990 and Form PC preparation to ensure timely filing of 990 and
- Oversee preparation of other external reporting including form
3ABC, census reporting and workers compensation audit,
- Review and ensure procedures for workflows are updated timely
and work with Controller on workflow improvements and system
- Assist Controller and CFO on other ad hoc projects, analysis,
and other responsibilities assigned by Controller and CFO.
- Manage a professional team performing general ledger, accounts
payable and cash management functions to ensure internal control
and compliance with required accounting principles and in
accordance with Health Center policies and procedures.
- Be available as coach/ mentor in assisting direct reports to
develop in their positions.
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct
reports enabling them to effectively carry out their
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge,
and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in order to achieve
workplace harmony within organization at all times.
- Bachelors degree in accounting with 7 + yrs. experience in
Healthcare or Non-profit accounting and exposure to budgeting, with
at least 2 years of experience in a supervising role.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention
- Ability to maintain confidentially.
- Knowledge of MS Office with advanced skills in Excel, Dynamic
SL GL Package and Management Reporter. Knowledge of OfficeMate a
- Working knowledge of payroll system is required, knowledge of
Paycom payroll system a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with ability
to prioritize, multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to
the mission of Codman Square Health Center.
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the
mission of Codman Square Health Center
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods (50% of the
- Must be able to lift 10+ pounds and load onto shelves.
CODMAN SQUARE HEALTH CENTER MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Mission: To serve as a resource for improving the physical, mental,
and social well-being of the community.
Vision: Codman Square Health Center is our community's first choice
for comprehensive, holistic, and integrated services, and empowers
individuals to lead healthy lives and build thriving
Values:Patients- Our patients are the center of our care team.
Community The well-being of the individual is deeply connected to
the health of the community.
Advocacy We advocate for responsive policies and resources to
address health disparities and promote health equity.
Staff We are a diverse, empowered, compassionate, and prepared
Innovation We promote a culture of innovation that has measurable
and sustainable impact.
Codman Square Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Keywords: Codman Square Health Center, Inc., Boston , Accounting Manager, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!