Associate Director, Project Management (Biologics)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D
organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative
therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four
therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the
boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing
therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as an Associate Direct, Project Management where you
will leverage background expertise in biologics development,
including antibodies, conjugates, fusions, delivery technologies,
etc. to provide expert planning and risk identification insights
into inform early program planning and strategy for discovery stage
programs as they move toward early clinical development. You will
also be a proactive voice and the "single source of truth" for
monitoring and reporting of project issues, plans, budgets,
milestones, and resources. As part of the Project Management and
Business Operations team, you will report to the Head of the team
and provide expert project management and matrixed leadership to
global, cross-functional, and cross-division research teams to
deliver novel drug candidates from ideation through Candidate
Selection for the GI Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU).
How you will contribute:
- Collaborate with research teams to enable/support planning and
logistics, establish/manage contracts, CRO management, data
delivery, and final disposition.
- Manage contracting and procurement process to enable rapid
- Resolve and troubleshoot internal/external accounting and
payment issues associated with contracted work.
- Support project teams to enable achievement of project
objectives and maintain focus on critical path activities with
project leaders for projects assigned to this role.
- Set project planning disciplines and deliver all planning work
products required to manage GI DDU projects assigned to this
- Support/manage cross-functional meetings, including scheduling
logistics, the creation and distribution of meeting agendas and
minutes, and drive completion of action items.
- Ensure good meeting disciplines are continuously maintained
(with supporting documentation) so that there is a clear logical
record of events for each project or partnership.
- Support and maintain project infrastructure - including
library/repositories of data and actions, project Gantt charts, and
- Ensure data integrity to support accurate reporting and
- Track progress against project plans and ensures project
teams/stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver
- Implement, support and maintain operations infrastructure -
including library/repositories of contracts and procurement
documentation, reporting and curating financial data, etc.
- Support project reporting via DDU, Research, and
Enterprise-wide reporting functions including Interact, ImPact,
- Manage stakeholder communication in support of project
- Coach and support Scientific Project Leaders to drive projects
to stage gates and ensure KPIs are met. Highlight and resolve
project risks and issues with project team.
- Ensure smooth cross-functional liaisons with critical functions
for project success (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, HR, and across all
scientific functions as necessary).
- Be accountable for good budgetary disciplines and adherence to
- Drive continuous improvement activities for all project
- Provide direction and mentorship to junior colleagues to
further develop and elevate project management capabilities in
- Provide expert support for program logistics, budget
planning/tracking, procurement and contracting troubleshooting and
- Initiate and manage highly collaborative cross-functional
relationships within Takeda and outside with Takeda partners and
service providers in support of GI DDU projects.
- Collaborate with project leaders to refine and implement
project plans and support project execution covering reporting,
project planning, documentation workflow, budgeting, and risk
- Identify and drive innovative process improvements with
significant organizational impact and manages, as needed,
non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and
- Energetically engage with the entire DDU team to assure
visibility of all DDU KPIs and make critical contributions to
project operations to accelerate delivery and meet overall DDU
- Drive financial planning and tracking for Research Platform
teams to ensure alignment of spending with platform and DDU
- Develop, drive, and mature processes supporting research
planning, forecasting, and portfolio reporting to ensure alignment
and visibility to portfolio progression in alignment with
department and Research level goals.
- Support communications efforts via key department meetings and
- Support business operations activities in collaboration with
functional and operations teams.
- Sound scientific knowledge with Bachelor's degree (or higher)
in Science or Management related discipline with
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in the biotechnology or
pharmaceutical industry with a preference for work in drug
- Minimum of 5 years of program management experience leading
- Expertise in biologics drug discovery and/or early clinical
development is a must.
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired,
but not required.
- Focused on problem solving, troubleshooting, and issue
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative to resolve
problems rapidly in large cross functional environments.
- Structured thinker, strong organizational bias with the ability
to implement structure without impacting efficiency of team.
- Core planning skills with high level of discipline and thorough
attention to detail.
- Solid analytical thinking with preference for analysis to
support decisions and a good process orientation---
- Focus on results and ability to focus upon bigger
- Self motivated and self directing to deliver the core
responsibilities of the role and motivated to learn and expand
skill-set beyond the scope of the role.
- Solid financial knowledge of cost-based budgeting (internal and
external costs) and ability to seek out savings/efficiencies.
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and verbal
proficiency to communicate information succinctly, in English
- Strong competence in using PowerPoint, project, and excel to
above average proficiency.
- Entrepreneurial: Demonstrates perseverance, identifies and
actively pursues potential opportunities.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance
with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $143,500.00 to $205,000, based on candidate
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into
account a number of factors including, but not limited to,
location, skills, education, and experience.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are
Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda, Boston , Associate Director, Project Management (Biologics), Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!