Sr Technical Project Manager (Data Science)
Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
About the Role & TeamAre you a naturally curious person who
loves to understand the "why" behind business performance and
enjoys solving problems in a collaborative environment? If so, the
Sr. Technical Project Manager within the Disney Decision Science
and Integration's (DDSI) team may be the right opportunity for
you!The DDSI team supports clients across the organization in the
areas of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing,
and optimization. Some of our internal clients include Disney
Parks, Experiences & Products, Disney Entertainment, ESPN, and
Corporate Finance. We work with key partners in Marketing, Finance,
Business Development, Research, and Operations to develop, analyze,
implement strategies that maximize profitability and improve return
on investment. In this role, you will report to the Sr. Manager,
Technical Project Management - Business & Portfolio
Optimization.What You Will Do
- Project Manager - Develop and manage the project scope,
timelines, risks and quality management across the entire project
lifecycle (initiation through completion).
- Analytical Product Development - Demonstrate solid
understanding of the software development lifecycle for analytical
and/or IT product development. Understand software integration and
system architecture enough to inform mitigation activities for
project risks and required documentation for project
- Project Management Advocate - Provide thought leadership for
the design of PMO standards including infrastructure, tools,
processes, and governance for project and financial management.
Stay abreast of industry trends and leverage that knowledge to
- Financial Management - Lead annual capital planning process
(e.g., facilitate ROM sessions, handle scope changes, identify
risks, report out to leadership on ACP inputs for the project(s).
Supervise and distribute project financials to ensure accuracy of
budget tracking. Prepare monthly forecasts and other
financial-related requests from Tech and Finance partners.
- Communicator - Proactively communicate with the project team
regarding project changes, issues affecting the execution of
result, and the expectations for completing each task. Provide
central coordination and communication for the team through the
duration of assigned projects.
- Facilitator & Presenter - Facilitates project meetings to
ensure the objectives of the meeting are met. Presents work in the
form of presentations that tell a clear and compelling story about
the status of the project.
- Efficiency Advocate: Identify efficiency opportunities within a
given project and challenge existing processes to continuously seek
improved project initiation, planning, execution, and
implementation.Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 7 years leading large-scale projects and initiatives
from feasibility through deployment.
- Minimum of 2 years leading large analytical software
- Experience with the software development lifecycle and
significant experience leading technical development projects
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of technical integration
and overall solution architecture.
- Excellent at working with highly technical development teams
including solution architects, software designers, decision
scientists, product owners, data engineers, etc.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile project
- Ability to prioritize and adjust to constantly evolving
- Experience with using project management tools such as MS
Project, Smartsheet, Jira, VersionOne or other similar project
- Experience in developing and facilitating presentations to all
levels of an organization.Preferred Qualifications
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Previous consulting leadership experience
- Familiarity of Disney business domain knowledge
- Knowledge of the travel and hospitality industry
- Familiarity with statistics, industrial engineering, marketing
and sales, pricing, or revenue management analyticsEducation
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of relevant experiencePreferred
- Master's degree plus 5 years of relevant
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), Boston , Sr Technical Project Manager (Data Science), Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!