Technical Product Manager
Company: SilverRail Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: July 13, 2018
We're recruiting a technical product manager who will become an integral member of our growing global Product team. You will direct the design of our cutting-edge SaaS solution for global rail distribution ' SilverCore. Our platform aggregates rail offerings from multiple rail operators around the world into a cloud-based API that supports the full booking lifecycle from planning a journey through to payments.
Each new rail company we integrate into the system presents different challenges need, so you will need to understand both the business and technical side of rail distribution in order to effectively plan and scope the SilverCore product. You will interact directly with key customers and suppliers to gather requirements, assist with business development initiatives, and formulate strategies for building solutions that enable SilverRail Technologies and our customers to improve their positioning in the industry.
You'll be embedded within the global engineering team - working in an Agile framework - and act as a subject matter expert for SilverCore and rail distribution. This is an exciting time to join SilverRail ' we're constantly expanding our product offering, using new technologies, and with Expedia-backing we're now perfectly placed to dominate rail travel.
- Work with global rail providers to understand their business functions and technologies
- Accurately and appropriately map those business functions for integration into the SilverCore API
- Participate in the development of the product roadmap
- Create comprehensive product requirement documents, functional specifications, use cases, process flows, and sequence diagrams
- Participate in the definition and prioritization of software releases and product plans
- Serve as product owner for agile development team
- Work with the Development and QA teams to ensure the successful implementation of product features
- Work with delivery team to assist customers with implementation and accreditation
- Identify market opportunities to improve products
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- 3+ years as a product manager, technical analyst, or software developer
- Prior experience in travel industry ' a plus
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development
- Proficiency writing product requirements for API-type applications
- Aptitude to take complex problems and distil into simple and coherent solutions
Apply if you:
- Are passionate about building great products
- Thrive on working independently as well as part of a wider, global tech team
- Pride yourself on possessing excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Take responsibility and hold yourself accountable for product quality
- The thought of disrupting an industry excites you
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- Currently boasting a 4.3 score on glassdoor
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities - we're in high growth phase with big plans!
- Opportunity to travel ' we have offices in London, Brisbane, Stockholm and Paris
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration
- A dynamic, small office environment with all the healthy snacks you could wish for! Not to mention a ping pong table and scooters
- We can offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package
Keywords: SilverRail Technologies, Inc., Boston, Technical Product Manager, Executive, Woburn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!