Sales Manager - Facility Solutions
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Responsible for overseeing the development, coordination and direction of the Facility Solutions program for the area(s) assigned. This includes overseeing the Facility Solutions sales team, hiring and developing sales talent, developing and maintaining Supplier relationships, and profitably growing the Facility Solutions segment. Job Responsibilities:
- Promote and model a safe working environment, and ensure all assigned sales reps complete required safety training. Lead the safety program within the sales department and actively demonstrate safe behaviors to the team.
- Follow company and division guidelines to develop and maintain Supplier relationships with those sources that contribute to the sales and profit generated from existing and new markets.
- Improve quality and profitability of accounts by making joint sales calls with sales representatives and coaching them as appropriate. Meet principles at Key accounts assigned to sales reps. Focus on achieving sales and margin goals for all assigned sales reps, and ensure that sales expense stays within budget.
- Work with the credit professionals to ensure accounts receivable are kept current.
- Continuously improve the quality of the sales force by finding and developing superior sales representatives in coordination with Human Resources and Business Manager.
- Oversee training and account assignments for new hires.
- Improve the individual sales rep performance and department productivity. Perform account reviews quarterly and make appropriate account assignments and re-assignments. Prepare relevant and thorough, as well as timely performance reviews (CSA's).
- Be proficient in company technology tools, including My Sales, WIN, ROI model and operating system.
- Help ensure productive relationship with core vendors.
- Support all company policies. Fulfill reporting and administrative duties as required.
- May be requested to perform other duties not mentioned above. Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's College degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- At least five years successful sales experience and three years successful sales management experience, preferably in the industrial distribution industry.
- Must have thorough understanding of the industrial distribution industry with in-depth knowledge of industrial products and sources.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Must have strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Good interpersonal and conflict management skills are essential. Competency Profile:
- Action Oriented: Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning; identifies and seizes new opportunities; displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times; and steps up to handle tough issues. (Core)
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives; represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas; partners with others to get work done; credits others for their contributions and accomplishments; and gains trust and support of others. (Core)
- Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; and establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. (Core)
- Delivers Results: Has a strong bottom-line orientation; persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; and pushes self and helps others achieve results. (Core)
- Instills Trust: Follows through on commitments; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; and shows consistency between words and actions. (Core)
- Optimizes Work Processes: Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done; separates and combines activities into efficient workflow; designs processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance; and seeks ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering. (Core)
- Communicates Effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; attentively listens to others; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; and encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Manages Conflict: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities for improvement; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; good at focused listening; understands others quickly; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; and recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Directs Work: Provides clear direction and accountabilities; delegates and distributes assignments and decisions appropriately; monitors progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results; provides appropriate guidance and direction based on people's capabilities; and intervenes as needed to remove obstacles. Working Conditions/Physical Requirement: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A portion of the incumbent's job responsibilities will require PC work that involves the continuous use of the fingers, hands, wrists, and sitting for frequent periods of time. The incumbent is required to talk, see and hear. The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv's legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:
Keywords: Veritiv, Boston , Sales Manager - Facility Solutions, Executive , Wilmington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!