Director, Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
Company: Mimecast Services Limited
Posted on: December 10, 2018
ID 2018-3332Job Location(s) US-MA-LexingtonPosition Type Permanent - Full TimeMore information about this job:Overview
This position, reporting to the VP Finance, Corporate Controller will manage the Company's Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance program. The position is responsible for the continued development and maintenance of control and testing programs ensuring compliance with all areas of SOX. A person successful in this role will apply broad technical knowledge and sound business judgment to support the business' internal controls over financial reporting.
This position requires in-depth policy, process, governance, and operational execution knowledge of risks and controls. The position requires a strong project manager who can work with multiple stakeholders, often managing several projects and priorities at once.
- Review existing SOX documentation and testing processes to ensure complete and accurate information for business controls (i.e., risk control matrices, narratives, process flow diagrams, etc.)
- Assist process/control owners in developing the best method for execution and documentation (e.g., checklists) ensuring controls are clearly and concisely captured to fully address the risk and all attributes
- Establish and maintain relationships with process/control owners to proactively assess business risks and develop risk mitigation
- Monitor processes and/or systems control changes to determine validity, necessity and potential impact to the control environment and modifying controls as required, working with process/control owners to ensure they understand their new/modified role
- Deliver ICFR training to support the control environment and associated control framework; communicate governance and compliance objectives fostering a compliance and risk aware culture
- Promote and build a culture of sustainability reinforcing the importance of process/control owners taking ownership of their own documentation and controls and to always be "audit ready"
- Internal Audit (IA) and External Audit Support
- Track and report all open items and deficiencies identified by SOX function (including 3rd party supporting vendors) and external auditors ensuring timely completion and remediation by process/control owners Support process/control owners with agreed upon deficiency remediation, as required.
- Participate in the change management process to maintain alignment with identified controls
- Partner with IT function to ensure controls and related areas are SOX compliant
- Work with IT Governance and Compliance department to share knowledge
- Stays abreast of changes in SOX regulations to ensure timely compliance.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, information systems, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience in SOX, internal controls and/or audit (Big 4 firm experience preferred)
- Relevant certifications (CPA, CISA, or CISSP) preferred
- Familiarity with COSO and PCAOB auditing standards
- Strong ethical behavior and professionalism.
- Strong risk management experience including: performing assessments and audits, working collaboratively with the business process owners to design controls and/or providing input to remediation plans (as necessary)
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Superior project management skills
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Mimecast Services Limited, Boston , Director, Sarbanes Oxley Compliance, Executive , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!