Associate Director of Product Management, Mobile Apps
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Associate Director of Product Management, Mobile Apps
Over the past several years, Employer has been heavily investing to build the best e-commerce shopping app across devices to help consumers create a home they love, wherever they may be. These efforts have resulted in a highly-rated (4.8 stars on the App Store , 4.5 stars on Google Play ), awarded (won the 2018 Webby for shopping), and featured (Apple App of the Day ) experience. But our job is far from finished, with substantial opportunities to deliver against a bold app vision, grow user adoption, improve innovative features like View in Room 3D and Search with Photo , and invent the next wave of revolutionary experiences.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to help us take the App to the next level of great. Your role will be to ensure that the App provides the most loyal Employer customers with the most delightful and immersive experience possible on their devices and unlocks a platform to acquire the next generation of Employer users. This role will own the product experience across all of Employer's brands in all of our targeted geographies (US, Canada, UK, Germany). Reporting to the Director of Product Management, App and Services, this role will be responsible for growing a platform that already delivers more than $1B in annual run rate revenue. You will directly lead a team of 5+ PMs and have dotted-line leadership over a team spanning nearly every area of the Employer Storefront.
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, and grow our existing cross-functional teams of experienced product managers, software engineers, data scientists, product designers and analysts.
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for our App platforms across iOS and Android. This will include a combination of building and owning some features directly (e.g., View in Room product, App onboarding experience), and enabling a large number of other teams to build new features/tools on top of our platforms. Drive the execution of the strategy directly and by energizing the broader organization in a common vision.
- Grow a product team. You'll inherit a team of -5 PMs working with -80 dedicated engineers, data scientists, product designers and QA. We have budget approval to double the team over the next 9-12 months; our cross-functional partner teams, including other pods across Storefront will be growing significantly as well. You'll grow the team, and ensure the team has a high degree of psychological safety and impact orientation.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- Help us continue building our external reputation as an innovative tech company through public speaking, engaging with our key development partners (including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Magic Leap), developing content and attending industry events.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Employer departments and external speaking/content generation.
- 7+ years' work experience in customer-focused, analytically-rigorous, high-performance settings, with preference for candidates with experience with mix of start-up and large-company experience. Strong preference for candidates with substantive mobile app experience, though not required.
- 4+ years' experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex. organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity. and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in either a technology, design, or business discipline preferred.
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Wayfair, Boston , Associate Director of Product Management, Mobile Apps, Executive , Dover, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!