Associate Director, Project Management Program Management Office (PMO)
Posted on: May 19, 2019
The Associate Director, Project Management is a global Program
Management Office (PMO) role within the Program and Portfolio
Management (PPM) organization. The PPM PMO is responsible for
delivering projects that mature or improve cross-functional drug
development processes at Vertex. The PMO's scope includes
cross-functional project and portfolio management, technology and
automation, and team effectiveness capabilities across the drug
development lifecycle (Research through Commercialization). The
Associate Director will be integral to the identification,
definition and implementation of PMO projects and programs.
This role is a key leadership position within PPM and is
- Successfully partnering with diverse functional areas to
understand cross-functional inputs and interdependencies for drug
development including, but not limited to, Finance, Corporate
Development, Preclinical, CMC, CDE, Regulatory/Safety, Medical
Affairs, Real World Evidence, Commercial, Pharm Ops, and Global
Information Systems as well as throughout Research, Clinical
Development, and Commercial.
- Matrix leadership and facilitation of cross-functional team
workshops to map current state processes, identify opportunities
and define solutions.
- Effective stakeholder management and change management for
buy-in and integration of processes, deliverables, technologies and
roles/responsibilities into existing teams and infrastructure.
- Well-developed presentation skills, executive presence and
confidence in communication and delivering messaging at all levels
within the organization.
- Understanding information systems, reporting and portfolio
management best practices.
- Project management excellence that includes appropriate
scoping, reporting, risk management and issue escalation.
- Performance management, metrics design and measurement, success
criteria and outcomes realization.
- Doctorate degree & 4 years of Project Management experience
- Master's degree & 5 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor's degree & 8 years of Project Management experience
AND significant experience with project management tools and
technology in the healthcare industry.
- MBA or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in Life Sciences or healthcare
- 5+ years experience in management consulting, business
transformation and/or change management
- 5+ years of matrix project management experience within a
project management office (PMO) or equivalent
- 2+ years of portfolio management experience or comparable
experience as a contributor to portfolio management (i.e. finance,
sales forecasting, etc.)
- Knowledge of cross-functional drug development processes
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, practices
tools, technology and methodologies.
- Proven experience leading change management efforts
- Relationship management and demonstrated influencing skills for
critical projects in a large organization
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Proven commitment to stakeholder satisfaction and the highest
ethical standards #LI-KF1
Keywords: Vertex, Boston , Associate Director, Project Management Program Management Office (PMO), Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!