Consumer Insights Manager
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people
protect their families, support their communities, and help one
another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual.
We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people
and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our
employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong,
stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied
perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger
when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright,
innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of
Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.Description------
The role of the Consumer Insights Manager is focused on leading
development and execution of strategic primary research projects,
developing and maintaining primary and secondary research
capabilities and tools to help provide key insights, and helping
business leaders make data-driven decisions. This role requires a
high degree of collaboration, multi-tasking, and problem solving to
tackle the broad learning agenda we, as a team, are pursuing. The
expectation is the individual can identify and explain key findings
and strategic implications of research results in a simple, easy to
understand manner that is free of subject-specific jargon. It is
necessary for this individual to be able to go beyond the data to
developing strategic and actionable insights. This individual
should also have demonstrated expertise in influencing business
strategy and shaping marketing strategic direction. The individual
in this role should have a deep knowledge of state of the art
research methodologies, tools, and application of best practices to
the business. The individual in this role should have experience
building and nurturing customer communities and mining secondary
research to uncover trends impacting our business.
- Provide Strategic Insights
- Build relationships with business partners and through a deep
understanding of our business and our customers, provide insights
to enable them to make fact-based decisions.
- Develop stories from the data to deliver strategic and
- Execute Research Projects
- Design, implement, and manage strategic research projects
including presenting recommendations based on learnings.
- Establish and manage relationships with external research
- Support enterprise-wide research and customer experience
- Curate learnings across multiple data sources to develop
broader and deeper insights.
- Build manage and nurture customer communities to provide access
for our business partners to quick, rich customer feedback and
- Mine secondary research sources and perform data analysis to
uncover macro trends and insights that help shape business
- Expand and maintain the central research repository and
proactively communicate key trends and insights from it.
- Identify strategic research partnerships, manage relationships
for maximum benefit to business partners by connecting them to
research consultancy services, secondary insights and primary
- 5-7 Years of consumer insights, strategy and/or relevant
- Bachelor's degree required
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now
or in the future
- Strategic thought leadership - ability to connect the dots and
influence business strategy and execution. Ability to synthesize
insights across disparate data sources and studies. Ability to go
beyond the data to tell a clear, compelling story.
- Expertise in customer community building and management
- Build and sustain business partnerships (internal & external)
including vendor management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to
effectively interact with a diverse team; strong influencing
- Expertise in application of new research methodologies.
Practical application of research across product development
- Define key issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous
information. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- An intense curiosity and passion for the category
- Expertise in financial services industry preferred.
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE -- 500 Ranking (FORTUNE --
Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We
help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As
a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality
and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company
structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people
protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to
share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At
MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look
for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy,
personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open,
honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of
applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse
backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to
their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by
actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions
as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and
getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with
Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge
Keywords: MassMutual, Boston , Consumer Insights Manager, Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!