Vice President of Network Strategy & Contracting (R1)
Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Beacon Health OptionsJob Category: Provider & Network - StrategyReq
#: VICEP01483Schedule: Full TimeLocation: MA - BostonWe Help People
Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a
'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you click
'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon is currently seeking a Vice President of Network Strategy &
Contracting to join our team at our Woburn, MA office. The Vice
President of NS & Contracting will serve as a single point of
accountability for all externally related network work and activity
(i.e. contracting, network adequacy and access, provider relations,
network builds, new business implementation support, client audits
and value based payment arrangements) related to their assigned
region. The VP NS works in close alignment and has a "seat at the
table" with the regional leadership (Market President, COO, Chief
Partnership Officer, CFO, and Clinical VP) for their assigned
region they support to ensure access to quality behavioral health
What does a typical day look like?
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access,
stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance
and trend management.
- Define network configuration to meet projected member access,
utilization and budget requirements in all geographic regions
pursued by the organization and region.
- Negotiate and coordinate contractual, operational and service
requirements for facility, group, and individual behavioral health
- Develop functional, market level and/or site strategy, plans,
production and/or organizational priorities.
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational
problems, aggressively seeking opportunities to improve
departmental workflows and increase efficiencies.
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer
accounts (internal and external).
- Manage a team of negotiators to meet the needs of the health
plan objectives and/or targets.
- Promote positive relationships with a multitude of network
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all provider contract
language -- identify and coordinate needed revisions.
- Consult with appropriate regulatory entities and legal counsel
as necessary to proactively address, resolve or clarify contractual
- Assure that the network(s) meet applicable standards of all
- Maintain integrity of provider data including multiple
enterprise and governmental systems as well as written
documentation of provider network.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and corporate performance
- Ensure timely on-boarding, including credentialing activities
that are compliant with governmental accrediting body
- Comply with all accreditation standards of URAC and the
National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- Lead/manage staff, including recruitment and selection,
professional development and strategic as well as tactical
- Prepare performance, statistical, and other operational
- Prepare/meet annual budget to support business plans.
What you Contribute?
Education: Bachelor's Degree required or Master's Degree is
Requires at least 10 years of progressively responsible
professional experience in healthcare, with at least five (5) of
those years network related.
Travel: 25% - 50%
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership in managing a team, from identifying
talent to development and workload management.
- Ability to design effective, strategic initiatives based on
current and trend utilization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, able to motivate a team in a
matrixed, dynamic environment.
- Strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to
effectively communicate detailed information to healthcare
- Strong project management skills including the ability to
manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good written and verbal
- Computer skills required, including working knowledge of MS
Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job - it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Boston , Vice President of Network Strategy & Contracting (R1), Executive , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!