Biomedical Engineering Manager
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Department Description: BIDMC's Clinical Engineering team provides
technical expertise, repairs and preventive maintenance of a large
inventory of clinical equipment. The team also provides the
management of contracted vendors to ensure our medical devices are
serviced and ready for our staff.Job Location: Boston, MAReq ID:
29452BRJob Summary: Manages the day to day activities of the
Clinical Engineering department, including personnel management,
maintenance and repair of all medical equipment and daily clinical
- Responsible for the management of repairs and maintenance of a
wide variety of equipment ranging from patient care-related devices
to office equipment and including equipment installations and
upgrades, coordinating of service support, equipment inventory
control, parts procurement and parts inventory, technical training,
and service documentation.
- Manages all aspects of the Clinical Engineering technical
operation including the daily distribution of workloads and staff
oversight. Closely monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of
services provided by both in-house and external service suppliers
ensuring cost effective equipment reliability.
- Manages medical equipment inspection and maintenance schedules
to ensure they are completed according to regulatory
- Identifies, corrects or manages problems quickly to avoid
interruption of patient care or clinical operations. Maintains
medical equipment in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
Responds to major medical equipment failures which impact patient
safety or patient care.
- Manages the repair and preventive maintenance of a variety of
equipment ranging from patient care-related devices to office
equipment and including equipment installations and upgrades,
coordinating of service support, equipment inventory control, parts
procurement and parts inventory, technical training, and service
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work
activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the
following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective
action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in
functional area of department.Required Qualifications:
- Vocational or Technical training in related field required.
Associates degree or equivalent required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required and 1-3
years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based
applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and
recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly
varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input,
innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for
functional area. May make recommendations for department policies,
practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance
and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex
information in English effectively in writing to all levels of
staff, management and external customers across functional
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex
concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve
conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive
knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the
ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations
across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or
50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and
requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
Keywords: Bidmc, Boston , Biomedical Engineering Manager, Executive , Dover, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!