Posted on: October 13, 2019
Department Description: Healthcare Associates (HCA) is a robust
adult primary care practice at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
offering comprehensive health services to enhance the quality of
life for our patients. Healthcare Associates (HCA) has received
Level 3 (scale 1-3 with 3 as the highest) recognition as a Patient
Centered Medical Home and averages 400 patient visits per day and
manages a panel of 41,000 patients.Job Location: Boston, MAReq ID:
29847BRJob Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a
legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing
the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of
patients, families, and communities. The Nursing Director provides
accountability for the unit or program and operationalizes the core
values of the organization by developing and sustaining an
environment that supports excellence in clinical practice and the
care of patients. Training, evaluation and competencies for this
role are overseen by an Accountable Nurse Leader to the
- Develops and sustains an environment that supports excellence
in clinical practice and patient care. Communicates and models
institutional values for patient care, clinical education, and
clinical investigation. Maintains a safe and caring environment for
patients and staff.
- Anticipates and communicates change in the health care
environment, and interprets implications for the patient care unit.
Encourages creativity and innovation in response to a need for
change. Provides leadership for the change process. Demonstrates
leadership and influences others in both the internal and external
- Allocates resources to achieve clinical care goals. Develops
the staffing pattern, personnel needs, and recruitment plan.
Assumes full responsibility for the selection of staff with
authority to evaluate, counsel, or terminate.
- Provides guidance to clinical nurses to identify developmental
needs and strategies that foster effective problem-solving,
collaboration, consultation, and sound clinical judgment.
- Demonstrates and promotes collaboration in establishing the
unit's or program's patient care goals. Teams effectively with
others to accomplish the organization's strategic priorities.
- Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and
directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal
performance levels. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports:
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in
Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Finance or Hospital
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic
Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 0-1 years
supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.Preferred
- 1-3 years supervisory/management experienceCompetencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant,
broad implications for the management and operations of a major
department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on
overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad,
complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues
and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff
engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy
to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for
major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities,
develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex
information in English effectively in writing to all levels of
staff, management and external customers across functional
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex
concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve
conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive
knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the
ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations
across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative
teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to
the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have
significant implications for the management and operations of the
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to
meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in
assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and
respectful manner.Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult:
16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move
objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee
will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out
the hospital campus
Keywords: Bidmc, Boston , Nursing Director, Executive , Waban, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!