Regional Medical Director (Physician #)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Regional Medical Director will understand and effectively
communicate and abide by the applicable standards and requirements
of CCS, the contracting agency and the security regulations of the
institutions to which assigned as well as supervise and provide
care which meet or exceed the constitutional requirements of access
to care, right to a professional medical judgment and right to care
that is ordered. Education:
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or the Doctor of Osteopathic
Medicine degree (DO). Experience:
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal
Medicine or Public Health preferred. Licenses/Certifications:
- Must obtain and maintain current licensure within the state of
practice as required by CCS and accrediting and contracting
- Must have and maintain a current DEA number.
- Must maintain privileges.
- Must maintain CME requirements for continued medical practice
in each state.
- Obtain and maintain applicable state medical licensure and DEA
- Provide clinical oversight to the facility medical programs, as
defined by the CCS, accrediting and contracting agency.
- Review and monitor applicable treatment guidelines, clinical
decision support monographs and tools, clinical policies and
procedures and deploying clinical initiatives.
- Collaborate, communicate and coordinate with the Associate
Chief Clinical Officer, Division President, Regional Vice President
and respective Health Services Administrators (H.S.A.) in
responsibilities which include but are not limited to: Recruiting
and Retention of practitioners, Continuous Quality Improvement,
Healthcare related patient grievances, Infection control,
Utilization management of inpatient and outpatient services,
laboratory and medication formulary management and deploying
- Understand, utilize and monitor Chronic Care Clinics that
assure compliance as defined by the CCS, accrediting and
- Will serve as an active member of the CCS Continuous Quality
- Attend all weekly scheduled leadership calls as assigned.
- Attend Medical Executive Committee meetings as assigned.
- Optimizes the use of Telehealth for Mentoring, providing
schedule care, providing TeleHelp services and the use eConsult
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Keyphrases: health
administration jobs, medical director jobs, hospital administration
jobs, hospital administrative jobs, healthcare administration jobs,
administration jobs, healthcare administrator jobs, medical
administration jobs, chief medical officer jobs, medical director
position jobs, associate medical director jobs, medical
administrative jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical ceo jobs,
executive director jobs
Keywords: Wellpath, Boston , Regional Medical Director (Physician #), Executive , Concord, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!