Vice President, Technology -1806253
Company: Fidelity Investments
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posted on: June 22, 2018
Duties: Leads the firm wide development of Fidelity’s next generation
recordkeeping capabilities. The CloudCore program will deliver cloud
native brokerage and workplace functionality that will be the basis for
future product innovation and support the firm’s growth for the next
quarter century. Fidelity is investing $50m annually over the next five
years in the first phase of its migration of core processing
capabilities from the mainframe platform and deployment to cloud. Drives
the success of the CloudCore program by collaborating on portfolio
selection, empowering delivery teams, holding these teams accountable
for commitments, ensuring realization of program benefits, and providing
transparency into progress.
• Drives project portfolio selection, prioritization, and
• Ensures that projects are delivered on-time, within budget, and
according to scope.
• Measures and proves the realization of benefits to sponsors and
• Enables success of delivery teams: provides guidance, resolves
issues, and links related efforts.
• Ensures that projects and delivery teams are in complete
alignment with the program’s strategic objectives.
• Facilitates development, base-lining, and measurement of
• Assesses program risks and develops remediation strategies.
• Defines and applies use of common methodology and approach in
delivery teams, including resource dedication, allocation of best
resources, and Greenfield.
• Analyzes and resolves problems associated with program
priorities, resources, and financials.
• Oversees definition and deployment of all processes and
practices used across the program.
• Provides immediate up to date self-service transparency into
program activities and status.
• Ensures investment efficiency by identifying common capabilities
across the firm and driving development of singular software components
to support them.
• Provides financial oversight, including business case
development and maintenance.
• Manages creation of a buy, build, outsource framework for
Requirements: Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Business Administration, Business, Telecommunications and Network
Management, Engineering, Finance, or a closely related field and five
(5) years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of
experience in advisory or management consulting of IT strategy and
implementation initiatives. Candidate must also possess: Demonstrated
Expertise (“DE”) in technology strategy development, including
alternative formulation, structured decision making, operating model,
competitive research, critical thinking, mobilization, and partner
collaboration; DE in business case formulation for large technology
programs (>$50 million), including quantitative modeling and analysis,
financial modeling and analysis, opportunity and risk evaluation,
execution approach, senior management presentation delivery, and
strategic decision making; DE in software migration project formulation
and consulting, including scope, phasing, budget, delivery timelines,
team composition, metrics selection, development methodology, issue
management, and reporting; DE in enterprise process development for
large, matrixed, strategic technology initiatives, including onboarding,
development, communication, tracking, staffing, and governance.
To apply, visit http://jobs.fidelity.com and search for job number
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Boston , Vice President, Technology -1806253, Finance , Boston, Massachusetts, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!