Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1811247
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Duties: Designs and develops database solutions for quantitative models,
including enhancements, maintenance, and support used for quantitative
research. Collaborates with quantitative analysts to analyze business
needs. Develops database and data analytics solutions using PL/SQL,
Informatica, R, Python, Java, and Unix shell scripting.
• Partners with business and technology teams to understand
• Translates complex functional and technical requirements into
detailed data design solutions.
• Participates in POC efforts to help build new quantitative
• Explores new technologies to develop new business capabilities
or technical automation opportunities.
• Analyzes data to identify gaps, issues, patterns, and trends.
• Monitors and tunes the performance of Oracle objects.
• Monitors databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of
data and performs quality control of database activities.
• Troubleshoots and corrects problems discovered in production and
• Participates in testing and quality assurance practices.
• Adheres to change management procedures, policies, and best
• Adheres to Agile methodologies and iterative development
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3)
years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience
performing Oracle database design, development, and data modeling within
an investment management environment; Or, alternatively, a Master’s
degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and one (1) year of experience in
the job offered or one (1) year of experience performing Oracle database
design, development, and data modeling within an investment management
environment. Candidate must also possess: Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”)
performing data modeling using Power Designer and Erwin; designing,
implementing, and tuning complex database applications, using PL/SQL on
Oracle with TOAD and SQL Developer; and performing UNIX and Python
scripting and scheduling using AutoSys; DE designing and implementing
data management processes to acquire vendor feed data loaders (FactSet,
Bloomberg, Morningstar, and Lipper) using text/XML file formats; and
processing financial instruments and corporate actions using Informatica
PowerCenter, including source code management and version control using
DevOps tools (git-stash, Jenkins, and Jira); DE performing database
performance tuning, Unix shell scripting, defining ETL data loaders, and
performing analysis and administration of database security (VPD); DE
executing data analytics, including programming in R and Python to build
quantitative models; and performing data visualization using Shiny.
To apply visit, https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for 1811247.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1811247, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!