Research Analyst - 1811638
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: October 1, 2018
Duties: Serves as a high-income analyst responsible for the
broadcasting, diversified media, travel services, and lodging sectors.
Carries out fundamental high yield credit analysis using a variety of
resources, including financial statements, regulatory policy documents,
industry publications, economical statistical data, leveraged loan
credit agreements, bond indentures, industry conferences, and regular
meetings with company management.
• Develops buy/sell recommendations on a company’s entire capital
structure, including bank debt, bonds, and equity.
• Underwrites risk positions and maintains credit/equity
• Serves as an in-house sector expert and fundamental thought
leader in the broadcasting, diversified media, travel services, and
• Creates and maintains Excel-based financial models, analysis,
• Develops ad hoc briefings and research for portfolio managers
and sector leaders.
• Presents sector views and opinions.
• Participates in monthly investment team meetings.
• Maintains coverage of assigned sector stocks, leveraged loans,
and bonds held in the portfolio, including performing industry analysis,
monitoring trends, and developing a view regarding the relative
attractiveness of the assigned sub-sectors.
• Maintains up-to-date recommendations and target prices for
stocks, leveraged loans, and bonds.
• Creates and maintains proprietary financial models and valuation
• Monitors investment thesis to track the progress of dynamics and
• Communicates updates and recommendations to portfolio managers
and sector team.
Requirements: Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Mathematics,
or a closely related field and two (2) years of experience in the job
offered or two (2) years of experience performing buy-side fundamental
high-yield fixed income, distressed asset, and equity research.
Candidate must also possess: Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) performing
industry analysis, including supply-demand models, macroeconomic
forecasting, quantifying pace of technology innovation, running self-
directed channel checks with executives of comparable companies,
building MS Excel forecast/valuation models with multiple operating and
capital structure scenarios, and running Capital IQ/Bloomberg screens
for idea generation; DE analyzing the legal aspects of distressed credit
investing, including both distressed debt waterfall valuation for claims
at each level of a capital structure in restructuring/bankruptcy
situations; and interpreting and amending credit agreements in
performing credit situations with a focus on covenant analysis to
quantify limitation on liens, debt incurrence, and restricted payments;
DE building and executing proprietary processes to analyze and identify
investments with superior risk-adjusted returns, applied across asset
classes -- equities, bonds, loans, and convertible bonds; and
independently presenting investment recommendations to portfolio
managers; DE evaluating investments in leveraged buyout capital
structures; and analyzing leveraged buyout transactions, including
sourcing and evaluating private equity investment opportunities,
conducting inside due diligence, and leading a leveraged buyout process.
To apply visit, https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for 1811638.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston , Research Analyst - 1811638, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!