Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1900756
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: January 25, 2019
Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, and supports next generation trade
development software. Designs and develops distributed applications
which handle and execute high order volumes. Develops tools and
simulators to help test applications. Monitors execution quality of
orders using Q/KDB+ and Java.
All applicants are permitted to work at a home office anywhere in the
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience developing software for
low latency, high volume trade applications within a financial services
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1)
year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience
developing software for low latency, high volume trade applications
within a financial services environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) developing distributed
applications to consolidate and analyze market data and trade records;
and developing trade reporting applications in Linux environments, using
q/KDB+, Java, and shell scripting.
• DE developing testing, monitoring, and support tools, using
q/KDB+, Java, and ActiveMQ, to test security requirements and reporting
applications within an electronic trading environment.
• DE developing distributed, low-latency, high throughput
applications using CI/CD pipeline, Test Driven Development, and Agile
• DE writing code in Java and q/KDB+ to simulate market activity
and trade order flow for ultra-low latency trading applications; and
developing automated test frameworks in Java to run batch cycles in QA
and UAT testing environments.
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1900756, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!