Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901220
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Designs and implements large-scale distributed data processing systems
using cutting edge cloud based open source and big data technologies.
Implements data solutions to ingest data into, process data within, and
expose data from a Data Lake Designs. Develops and supports trading
technology with a focus on: Electronic Trading, Trading Cost Analytics,
Low Latency Trading, User Interfaces, and Data Structures. Codes,
documents, and communicates project solutions. Provides business
solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications.
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience building distributed
ETL systems across HDFS and Hive platforms.
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1)
year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience
building distributed ETL systems across HDFS and Hive platforms.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) designing, developing, and
implementing applications within a Big Data environment using: Hadoop,
HDFS, and Hive to support predictive analysis.
• DE performing Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development for online
customer-facing and data analytical applications; conducting performance
tuning using SQL Developer and Splunk to improve application
performance; and performing design and implementation of end to end data
delivery and management using RESTful API, Oracle Database, and Unix
• DE performing database operations to resolve application issues
by adding indexes, removing dead locks, and recovering replication
errors using Oracle, SQL server, and in-memory databases -- Volt DB or
ParStream -- using SQL and PL/SQL.
• DE developing and optimizing stable, reliable, high volume, low
latency distributed database applications using PL/SQL and stored
procedures; and developing client side distributed applications using
Object-Oriented programming language, Python.
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901220, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!