Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901225
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Provides business solutions by developing complex or multiple software
applications. Provides application support for system platforms.
Analyzes, designs, codes, and performs system and user testing. Supports
all phases of testing leading to implementation. Identifies, isolates,
and resolves application issues. Develops and maintains structured
application modules and associated documentation to meet design
specifications. Creates, executes, and documents tests to ensure
software and technical environments meet functional and system
performance specifications. Plans and implements the installation and
configuration of new or enhanced applications and systems with minimal
impact to users and infrastructures.
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience analyzing, designing,
developing, and testing online transaction processing systems.
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1)
year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience
analyzing, designing, developing, and testing online transaction
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) developing enterprise financial
services applications in distributed environments using J2EE, Spring,
Spring REST, and ORM frameworks (Hibernate); implementing test cases
using AssertJ, Mockito, and JUnit testing frameworks; and developing Web
services (producers and consumers) using XML and JSON according to Agile
• DE developing component based responsive single page financial
services applications using AngularJS2/4, Typescript, Node.js, Webpack,
and Gulp; implementing test cases using Karma and Jasmine behavior-
driven development testing frameworks; and integrating single page
financial services applications with Google and Adobe Analytics.
• DE configuring continuous build and integration flows using Git,
Jenkins, Maven, Gradle and Nexus in a UNIX environment (Linux); and
scripting automated application deployment flows.
• DE building responsive MVC-based Web applications operating with
Tomcat application server, Java-based middle layer, and Modern
that consume RESTful JSON Web services.
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901225, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!