Vice President, Market Research - 1903421
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: April 5, 2019
Conducts research on financial planning strategies and consults on
the implementation of the research throughout the firm.
develops, backtests, and deploys quantitative models for financial
planning. Evaluates 3rd-party financial products. Builds
models using Excel, VBA, R, and SQL.
• Oversees research and consulting projects with internal business
• Works cross-functionally with Technology, Product Management,
Portfolio Support, Legal, and Compliance teams to implement and
research company offerings.
• Performs research on financial planning topics, including
Savings, Investing, and Retirement Income solutions.
• Builds prototypes using Excel and Python to illustrate strategies
and perform preliminary user testing.
• Develops research papers and analyzes data gathered from
financial planning and retirement surveys.
• Creates investment and financial planning methodologies.
• Models scenarios for market returns, regulatory changes, and
• Analyzes and researches business problems.
• Identifies and implements solutions.
• Designs diverse investment solutions to assist investors in
achieving financial goals.
• Leads and manages resources across all partner teams in the
planning, design, development, testing, and deployment of
models for financial planning.
• Resolves impediments that prevent team progress.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Accounting,
Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, or a closely related field and six (6) years of
experience in the job offered or six (6) years of experience in
financial modeling for investment and financial planning.
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics,
Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related field and four (4)
years of experience in the job offered or four (4) years of
quantitative financial modeling for investment and financial
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) applying artificial intelligence
techniques, including the creation of supervised machine
algorithms using python on unstructured retirement datasets to
predict the reasons for corporate client actions -- plan
sentiment analysis -- predicting retail client financial planning
needs -- salary prediction and overall financial wellness.
• DE performing financial and quantitative modeling to build
financial planning using Monte Carlo simulations in VBA and SAS to
the plan sponsor in analyzing retirement plan performance to assess
participant retirement readiness.
• DE partnering with matrixed teams (product, legal, and
technology) to identify key business analytic needs, executing
analysis, and distilling into detailed Tableau dashboards, thought
leadership papers, and communication at industry conferences.
• DE leading the design and integration of analytical processes to
translate large-scale retirement and health care (structured
unstructured) data into actionable insights to enhance
organizational analytical capabilities and support strategic
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com/ and search job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston , Vice President, Market Research - 1903421, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!