Director, Financial Solutions - 1906368
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Boston, MA
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Conducts research on financial planning strategies and consults on
the implementation of the research throughout the
firm. Researches, develops, backtests, and deploys quantitative
models for financial planning. Evaluates 3rd-party
financial products. Builds quantitative models using Excel, VBA, R,
• Oversees research and consulting projects with internal business
• Works cross-functionally with Technology, Product Management,
Portfolio Support, Legal, and Compliance teams
to implement and research company offerings.
• Performs research on financial planning topics, including
Savings, Investing, and Retirement Income solutions.
• Builds prototypes using Excel and Python to illustrate strategies
and perform preliminary user testing.
• Develops research papers and analyzes data gathered from
financial planning and retirement surveys.
• Creates investment and financial planning methodologies.
• Models scenarios for market returns, regulatory changes, and
• Analyzes and researches business problems.
• Identifies and implements solutions.
• Designs diverse investment solutions to assist investors in
achieving financial goals.
• Leads and manages resources across all partner teams in the
planning, design, development, testing, and
deployment of quantitative models for financial planning.
• Resolves impediments that prevent team progress.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Accounting,
Business Administration, Economics, Finance,
Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related field
and six (6) years of experience in the job offered or six (6)
years of experience in quantitative financial modeling for
investment and financial planning.
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Accounting, Business Administration,
Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or a
closely related field and four (4) years of experience in
the job offered or four (4) years of experience in quantitative
financial modeling for investment and financial planning.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) conducting primary and secondary
research to analyze customer financial planning
and investing requirements, including integrating data from
secondary research sources -- Cerulli, IRS pension plan limit
and tax guidelines, and U.S. Housing and Urban Development -- with
primary, customer survey-based research data
models; and analyzing financial planning strategies -- savings
rates, savings vehicle optimization, asset allocation and
portfolio diversification, retirement income, and debt payment
hierarchy -- for alignment with customer investment
• DE performing financial and quantitative modeling to build
financial planning and investment advice models using
Excel, VBA, and R to assist customers in the selection of the
optimal investment mix, utilizing scenario analysis to
evaluate the impact of savings, investment, and withdrawal
strategies on financial goals.
• DE partnering with matrixed teams (product, legal, and
technology) to implement financial planning advice
methodologies -- savings hierarchies for tax efficiency and
diversification for qualified retirement and health savings
plans -- in the development of self-directed, interactive planning
tools and of industry whitepapers.
• DE designing, evaluating, and analyzing surveys to assess
financial and emotional readiness of future retirees,
including, analyzing readiness levels across segments -- gender,
income-level, and age; performing asset liability
modeling to examine retirement shortfalls; Monte Carlo simulations
to assess retirement readiness and market
confidence levels; and survey analysis, including integrating
primary survey data with proprietary data on retirement
account balances records.
To apply visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston , Director, Financial Solutions - 1906368, Finance , Boston, MA, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!