Registered Nurse, MPS
Company: Mount Auburn Hospital
Posted on: January 17, 2020
REGISTERED NURSE, MPS
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL - CAMBRIDGE, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Act in compliance with nursing philosophy, practice standards,
2. Collaborates with physicians and midlevel providers in providing
direct healthcare to patients. Evaluates client outcomes and
3. Communicates and documents teaching and follow-up care with
patients. Documents patients understanding of
4. Communicates pertinent patient information and findings to
providers, associate nursing peers, and other caregivers in a
5. Triages telephone inquiries, reviews lab results and diagnosis
testing, and assures written patient notification of test results,
missed appointments, and abnormal study follow-up when appropriate.
Arranges referrals to ancillary services.
6. Demonstrates competency in office including testing, phlebotomy,
and assists physician/midlevel provider with procedures.
7. Maintains and supervises the integrity of departmental logs.
8. Reviews and comprehends Department of Public Heath and Welfare
information and recommendations for prophylaxis, treatment, and
reporting of communicable diseases. Completes informational forms
such as premarital and WIC. Recognizes signs and symptoms of child
and domestic abuse and reports accurately.
9. Maintains stock of client education materials. Reviews new
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1.Knowledge of nursing process, theories, and clinical expertise
related to patient care, normally acquired through the completion
of a nursing training program at an NLN accredited school of
2.Current registration in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3.Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, and a
multidisciplinary team of healthcare personnel to resolve complex
4.Able to acquire, through training programs and continuing
education, technical knowledge related to the area.
1.Standard office environment.
2.Exposure to infectious diseases, chemicals, and other toxic
3.Computer skills required.
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal
opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for
advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your
unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment
in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without
regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
Keywords: Mount Auburn Hospital, Boston , Registered Nurse, MPS, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!