Director Clinical Quality Performance Measurement & Improvement
Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Beacon Health OptionsJob Category: Clinical - Quality MgmtReq #:
DIREC02246Schedule: Full TimeLocation: MA - BostonWe Help People
Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a
'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you click
'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon is currently seeking a Director Quality (Performance
Measurement and Improvement) a highly organized and compassionate
professional to join our team at our Boston, MA offices. The
Director of Quality Performance Measurement & Improvement (QPMI)
will be responsible for Regional Quality Improvement and
Performance Measurement projects. At the direction of the Vice
President of Quality in the Region, the Manager of QPMI is
responsible for Quality and performance improvement projects, both
those generated internally and those conducted in collaboration
with external organizations. The Manager will identify
opportunities for improvement within data and analytics, develop
strategic intervention strategies related to HEDIS and other
quality measures, design implementation and measurement plans, and
oversee related Regional Quality Management activities including
data management, statistical analysis, and data visualization. The
Manager will be responsible for ongoing project updates to
leadership, as well as assessing intervention/ implementation
effectiveness in achieving both Regional and Corporate quality
What does a typical day look like?
- Develop and implement methods to monitor and trend performance
on key clinical and quality indicators
- Uses statistical approach to evaluation, isolating variables to
identify associations and developing best practice
- Connect process and interventions to outcomes measures for
assessment of effectiveness and recommendations for modifications
- Leads interaction between Regional clients regarding HEDIS,
QARR and Quality Improvement
- Leads development of Quality Improvement strategies, Quality
Improvement Activities and PIPs for the Region
- Leads HEDIS and performance improvement workgroups for the
- Analyzes clinical data for clinical quality improvement and
leads clinical teams in intervention design and measurement.
- Uses data sources across clinical department to improve
performance on UM and CM outcomes.
- Works with Provider Quality to improve to improve provider
- Applies strong plan-do-check-act continuous quality improvement
strategies for monitoring success of implementations.
- Develops an organized system for monitoring P4Ps, SLA, PGs,
etc. and performs risk assessment on attainment and develops action
plans for reaching targets, trending performance over time to set
benchmarks and predict attainment.
- Helps teams in the region develop measurement plans that are
concordant with Corporate measurement strategies.
- Uses data and analytics for root cause analysis and identifies
opportunities for improvement.
- Strategically utilize data for evaluation of clinical
improvements and partner with clinical VPs for organizational
- Approves measurement plans to evaluate work plan success
- Uses rolling 12-month data for real-time reporting and suggests
interventions that align with the P-D-S-A model of Quality
- Leverage internal data to innovate measures that support
Beacon's strategic goals
- Develops a report card across SUD and MH services to assess
client and market performance
- Develop stratified facility reports and collaborate with
Provider Quality Managers to use reports as basis for QIAs
- Perform other duties as directed.
What you Contribute?
Education: Master's Degree required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 3 years' relevant work experience, preferably in
healthcare data analytics.
- Travel required: 5%
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job - it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Boston , Director Clinical Quality Performance Measurement & Improvement, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!