Correctional Medicine Regional Diabetic Nurse Educator Needed in Foxboro, MA
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Foxboro, Massachusetts. This
and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Here at
Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people -
our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to
making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"The Regional Diabetic Nurse Educator
provides ongoing evidenced based patient disease education and
monitoring and performs ongoing medication compliance
review/compliance counseling. Provides clinical decision support to
site providers for the diabetic patients as it relates to
diagnostic testing, diet, exercise, medication and
- Graduate from an accredited college with a Bachelor's of
Science degree in Nursing or other healthcare related
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in nursing is
required, preferably with an additional two (2) years of nurse
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Diabetic Educator Certification
- Must hold a current license as a registered nurse in state of
- Must obtain and manitain a CPR certification.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements diabetic educational
programs for nursing staff, including ongoing curriculum
- Required to identify and maintain a list of all confirmed Type
I and Type II diabetic patients for all assigned facilities.
- Reviews intake logs to identify any self-reported diabetics and
ensure appropriate provider follow up and confirmation of diabetic
- Review finger stick logs, and lab results such as Hemoglobin
A1C, Creatinine Clearance, Fasting Blood Glucose results, etc.
- Provide Clinical Decision Support to site providers when
- Meet regularly with diabetic patients to provide ongoing
education and counseling for diet, exercise, medication compliance,
non-compliance counseling and healthy lifestyle
- Provide regular updates at the monthly provider meeting
regarding Diabetes Management across the system.
- Engage with Endocrinologist on a regular basis regarding
patient insulin selection.
- Review and provide analysis on patient medication usage to
reduce medication wasting.
- Engage patients in risk reduction and healthy lifestyle habits
to better manage their disease process.
- Perform chart audits on the diabetic patients to ensure
compliance with medical record audit criteria for diabetes.
- Coordinate with the site AA's to ensure CD database is accurate
for diabetic patient population.
- Coordinate diabetic educational groups with patients and site
- Attend weekly Diabetic Registry calls with members of the
Diabetic Task Force and perform on all assigned deliverables
- Be alert at all times, pay close attention to details, work
under stress on a regular basis and apply sound judgement beyond a
specific set of instructions.
- Participates in the quality improvement program by monitoring
specific aspects of diabetic patient care.
- Ensures all diabetic teaching materials are up to date, meet
all regulatory requirements, and are current and
evidence-based.Have broad knowledge base of Type I and Type II
Diabetes and be responsible for providing the necessary resources,
tools, and patient support to enable the patient to effectively and
actively take part in managing their disease.
- Have a broad knowledge base of diet and exercise as it relates
to and impacts patients with diabetes.
- Regularly perform site visits to identify diabetic patient
needs and provide counseling on disease process.
- Required committee member for the Pharmacy Operations
- Perform other duties as assigned. Keyphrases: correctional
medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional
health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Boston , Correctional Medicine Regional Diabetic Nurse Educator Needed in Foxboro, MA, Healthcare , Foxboro, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!