Phlebotomist (20hrs, Rotating)
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: November 23, 2020
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Clinical Laboratory/Division of
Pathology is an integral part of the patient care provided by Beth
Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham. The laboratory provides state of
the art testing services for both in-patients and outpatients.
These services include anatomical pathology, cytopathology,
clinical chemistry, microbiology, hematology, transfusion medicine
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 36790BR
JOB SUMMARY: Performs, under supervision, routine and specialized
blood drawing from patient to obtain specimens for use in the
diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
* Follows all procedures and protocols for blood collection
* Collects blood using proper safety and infection control
* Able to use the LIS and HIS proficiently: performing
registration, test ordering, report printing
* Orders all tests on outpatients using all appropriate test codes
and includes any needed comments.
* Processes Outreach samples effectively and efficiently
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Certificate 1 Phlebotomy Certificate preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic
level within web-based applications.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on
specific instructions, standard practices and established
procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine,
somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear
directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions
and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees,
professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas,
identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6
months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60
years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move
objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee
will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out
the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the
U.S. Department of Labor.
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Phlebotomist (20hrs, Rotating), Healthcare , Needham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!