New Patient Coordinator I - Breast Oncology
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The New Patient Coordinator (NPC) is often the 'first impression' a
patient has of DFCI. In this role, you provide administrative
support and coordination for aspects of patient care for both new
and/or established patients. This role highlights features of
customer service and administrative responsibilities.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians,
innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the
common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This role will be fully remote through June 2021, with the
potential for extension or partial remote work the remainder of
* Provides administrative support and coordination for all aspects
of patient care for both new and/or established patients.
* Schedules appointments following guidelines that support
continuity of care and a high standard of timely communication and
rescheduling as necessary.
* Appropriately arranges resources to support the highest standard
of patient experience and visit, i.e. arranging interpreter
* Answers telephone calls, as appropriate for new and/or
established patients. This includes the responsibility to collect
detailed clinical information provided by patients,
internal/external providers, and others such as staff from
ancillary services, and either resolve problems directly or ensure
appropriate escalation to management.
* Recognizes emergencies and appropriately respond using standard
operating procedures and critical thinking skills.
* Provides program specific information to callers and refer calls
* Serves as a liaison for patients including efficient routing of
calls per telephone triage guidelines.
* Schedules patient visits, and manages changes, ranging in
complexity for one physician appointment to multiple care provider
* Provides information to the patient regarding the need for
insurance referral(s), and refers calls as appropriate.
* Assists in processing paperwork associated with clinical care
including: insurance claims, disability forms, and medical
* A Bachelor s Degree in health administration or related field is
strongly preferred, and/or a minimum of 1 year of related health
care and/or customer service experience
* Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service
* Strong attention to detail
* Must possess the ability to multi-task and problem solve on the
* Excellent phone etiquette
* PC proficiency required
* Ability to work productively in a remote environment
* Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and
affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston , New Patient Coordinator I - Breast Oncology, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!