Nurse Practitioner / Clinical Coordinator - Vascular Ring Program
Company: Boston Children'S Hospital
Posted on: February 25, 2021
57095BR Ambulatory Services Job Posting DescriptionAt Boston
Children's Hospital, the quality of our care ---and our inclusive
hospital working environment--- lies in the diversity of our
people. With patients--from local communities and--160 countries
around the world, we're committed to reflecting the spectrum of
their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team.
Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard
and--ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique
contributions can change lives. Yours included.
This Nurse Practitioner / Clinical Coordinator will be responsible
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Nurse Practitioner to help
develop a new program in the role as clinical coordinator for the
Vascular Ring Program. The program is in collaboration with the
Departments of General Surgery and Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing daily clinical and
administrative operations, participating in ongoing quality
improvement efforts; staff education and development; aiding in the
development of a database, and providing supervision for ongoing
clinical inquiry and research projects for the Vascular Ring
- Facilitating coordination of care/services to meet patient care
and operation needs.
- Developing, recommending and implementing internal standards,
policies and procedures to improve quality and cost effectiveness
of patient care.
- Preparing staff schedules, requests and allocates
- Selecting, supervising and evaluating nursing and clinical
support personnel and develops and provides safe education.
- Participating in clinic sessions with surgeons to perform
comprehensive health histories and physical exams, diagnose
surgical conditions, and formulate and implement individualized
surgical treatment plans
- Performing comprehensive health histories and physical exams
for patient undergoing surgical procedures with hospital admission
and provide necessary pre-operative patient/family education
- Ordering necessary diagnostic testing, including laboratory and
radiology studies, interpreting results and completing appropriate
- Obtaining and documenting medication and allergy histories,
performing medication reconciliation, safely prescribing
over-the-counter and prescription medications and providing
necessary safe medication administration teaching according to
prescriptive authority guidelines.
- Conducting independent NP clinic visits for routine
post-operative follow-up appointments, simple returns, and for
teaching visits; billing for services and documenting encounter
within the electronic medical record
- Conducting inpatient rounding on surgical patients,
collaborating with the inpatient team
- Providing support, education and resources to patients and
- Assisting in coordination and continuity of care through
accommodation for same day urgent add-on patient visits,
facilitation of diagnostic work-up and direct admission to surgical
services with admission orders; on-going collaboration with
in-patient General Surgery and Cardiac Surgery NP colleagues and
- Coordinating and performing telephone triage on a daily basis;
communicating the patient's condition and plan of care to the
patient and family
- Participating in formal and informal teaching activities with
members of the health care team.
- Engaging in open communication with community providers
- Developing policies, order sets and clinical pathways. To
Qualify, you must have:
- MSN in nursing, and licensed Nurse Practitioner.
- 5 years NP experience. Will consider new grad NP with 5 years
acute care RN experience with administrative and leadership
- Excellent leadership, team building and collaborative
- Excellent critical thinking, insight and strong communication
skills, in addition to the ability to work well both independently
and collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team.
Keywords: Boston Children'S Hospital, Boston , Nurse Practitioner / Clinical Coordinator - Vascular Ring Program, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!