Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Under the supervision and direction of the Nursing Director,
Senior Administrative Director a faculty of MGH Gastroenterology
Associates and in accordance with the rules and regulations of
Massachusetts governing Advanced Practice Providers will be
responsible for the care patients assigned to the MGH General GI
Team. The APP will support the clinical activities of the General
GI Team maintaining continuity of care seeing follow up patients
and some general GI consultations delegated by the General GI
Attending Physician(s). PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Facilitating Access Responsibilities: Working closely with the
general GI team, the APP is responsible for directing and
coordinating inquiries and referrals for the diagnosis and
treatment of general GI disorders including but not limited to:
dysphagia, achalasia, GERD, gastroparesis, cyclic vomiting syndrome
functional dyspepsia, H. Pylori, constipation, diarrhea, irritable
bowel syndrome, pre and post endoscopy procedure education,
teachings based on quality initiatives and more. Clinical:
- Provides continuity of care for patients in follow up visits
with an expectation of seeing atleast 6 patients per session/ 48
patients per week after a 6-8 week orientation period.--
- The APP is responsible for seeing 48 patients per week, 30-40
- This breaks down to 32 hours of clinic and 8 dedicated hours of
administrative time per week.
- This is a M-F, Five day per week position.
- Working collaboratively with members of the healthcare team
including MD, advanced practice providers, RNs, MAs and patient
coordinators to ensure patient outcomes.
- Completes all patient care documentation within 72 hours of
seeing the patient
- Attends hospital grand rounds, read peer reviewed journals and
attend trainings as needed to stay clinically current.
- Maintains compliance with all license and certification
credentialing and Mass General Brigham Healthstream/educational
- Develops and implements routine patient instructions for GI
- Acts as a resource to other care providers with questions about
GI disease and management
- Assists with ongoing clinical research through follow-up of
patients currently involved in MGH General GI Center (recruitment
for studies within the division as needed)
- Assists in current clinical research Relationship Management
Responsibilities Is responsible for maintaining relationships with
new and existing referring physicians and their clinical and office
staff. Serves as a liaison and facilitator of communication between
physicians, administration, and community.
- Works closely with to team to provide information to support
outreach visits and efforts.
- Identifies and monitors relationship histories, including
details of prior referrals from referral sources, and referrers'
preferred communication methods, by maintaining information in the
- Identifies and summarizes referring physician/center/clinician
needs to the General GI Team
- In regard to specific referrals, actively communicates
patients' progress and discharge plans to referring physician and
assure that communication is maintained throughout admission, at
discharge, and after outpatient visits.
- Follows-up on all requests to ensure satisfied patients and
referring providers. Documents and reports all physician questions,
concerns, complaints, and resolutions.
- Assists in transfers to and from the emergency department,
intensive care units and hospital floors.
- Acts as a resource to other clinical specialties. Other
- Participates as requested in MGH and Partners quality
- Participates in various hospital and system committees as
- Participates in aspects of research such as clinical
recruitment, study planning, performance of the research, analysis
of data, and publications.
- Attends internal and external education meetings and reads
appropriate professional journals in order to maintain and enhance
skills and clinical competence. Is encouraged to advance his/her
medical and technical skills as appropriate to deliver optimum
patient care. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a highly motivated individual who has a proven track
record of working with diverse healthcare teams. Will work in a
collaborative manner with physicians and other clinicians and
- Must be willing to adapt to change and be a flexible team
player in the setting a very complex patient population.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in Massachusetts in an
- Possess the maturity, self-confidence, and ability to identify
clinical or operational areas of need and present them to
leadership in a constructive manner.
- 2-3 years experience as an advanced practice provider is
strongly preferred. Experience in gastroenterology, primary care or
psychiatry is prefered. SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Professional knowledge: Clinical, healthcare management and
marketing knowledge to enable effective interactions and
communications with clinicians, healthcare administrators, and
- Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability
to prioritize effectively and complete tasks; Flexibility to handle
multiple tasks and deadline pressures.--
- All clinical documentation must be completed within 72 hours of
the clinical encounter.
- Leadership: Highly motivated, independent and capable of
performing in a complex environment; Strong sense of initiative and
perseverance to carry through to completion of tasks; Demonstrates
forthrightness and integrity. Ability to identify issues/projects
and initiate plans to address asking for direction when
appropriate; Ability to develop a common vision for diverse
constituents, communicate effectively, sell ideas, and take
ownership and responsibility for activities.--
- Interpersonal/communication: Excellent interpersonal, written
and oral communication, and public speaking skills; Good command of
English language, including medical and scientific
- Information Systems/Technology Skills: Exceptional computer
skills (including operating systems, word processing, database,
electronic mail, Internet, spreadsheets, and other office
management systems); Ability to develop and maintain databases and
associated analysis and reporting.
- Quality Assurance: Skills to work efficiently and effectively
and strive to do so in all aspects of position; Effective project
management skills and attention to detail.
- Critical Thinking/Decision Making: Ability to appropriately
evaluate all aspects of a situation and to independently make
appropriate and timely decisions.--
- Personnel Management: Ability to coordinate among diverse
- Fiscal Responsibility: Effective financial and analytical
skills, including ability to ensure appropriate use of
- Discretion and Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and
confidential matters discreetly and to ensure confidentiality
guidelines are maintained by staff.--
- Safety/Compliance: Knowledge in aspects of safety applicable to
position; Knowledge of and compliance with institutional, JCAHO,
HIPAA, and other regulatory bodies' standards. ORGANIZATIONAL
- Position reports directly to the Director of APPs and
- Works closely with GI patients and their families
- Works closely with all team members including physicians, APPs,
Nurses, Patient Coordinators, research staff and management.
WORKING CONDITIONS:-- Work will be performed in the outpatient
clinic setting. The work may require the lifting of heavy objects
and patients, as well as exposure to potentially infective
material. Work requires contact with needles and other sharp
instruments, electric-cautery devices, monitoring devices, and
other state-of-the-art equipment. Prolonged standing can be
expected. Walking to and from the patient care units can be
expected. Hazards present from exposure to combustible anesthetic
or disinfecting agents are minimized when safety precautions are
strictly adhered.May require attendance at meetings outside of
regularly scheduled hours. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No direct
supervisory responsibilities; however, is responsible for
coordinating, organizing, and working with groups of individuals at
all levels internal to and outside of the organization in arranging
for patient access, in conducting day-to-day responsibilities and
in managing various projects. Will be required to carry a pager
during business hours. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY:-- No direct fiscal
responsibilities; however, is responsible for prudent fiscal
management of program resources (e.g. supplies, telephones, etc.).
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By
embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to
lead. Applications from--protected veterans and individuals with
disabilities are strongly encouraged. Primary Location Work
Locations MGH Main Campus Job Advanced Practice Nurse Organization
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH) Schedule Full-time Standard
Hours 40 Shift Day Job Employee Status Regular Recruiting
Department MGH Gastrointestinal Unit
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Boston , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!