Pharmacy 340B Coordinator
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, part of Beth Israel Lahey
Health, is aware of the continued concern of COVID-19 and we are
making every effort to keep our patients, our guests, and employees
safe. Due to the current situation related to the Coronavirus
(COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we
can continue to recruit top talent. As your application progresses,
you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you
through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our colleagues will
explain how these tools will be used throughout the recruitment
process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Department Description: Pharmacy business operations
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36453BR
Job Summary: This position will collaborate with Contract Pharmacy,
Third Party Administrators, Drug Wholesalers, Accounting, and IT
departments on issues related to the 340B program. Reconcile 340B
invoices for contracted pharmacies to ensure payments are properly
allocated to corresponding cost centers. Assure that weekly audits
and purchase checks are reviewed and completed in accordance with
the 340B Policies of the Pharmacy Department, reporting issues as
appropriate. You must have the ability to navigate through EMR
(electronic medical record) and various third party portal
- Operational oversight of assigned 340B Contract Pharmacy
programs (various companies and number of locations).
- Oversee and administer the AP Process in accordance with good
accounting principles. Dozens of invoices to be processed weekly.
Invoices must be verified against claims accumulations, must be
tagged with the proper account numbers and cost centers, signed by
appropriate administrator, and submitted timely to BIDMC AP for
payment by check or electronically.
- Review new information related to 340B. Sign up for webinars
hosted by, but not limited to, Apexus, 340B Health and HRSA that
are related to 340B. Attend yearly conferences as required.
- Work with Pharmaceutical Wholesalers to verify 340B drug
pricing and address purchasing barriers.
- May perform other duties as needed by the department and are
not limited to the above position description. Required
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree
- License Mass Registered Pharmacy Tech required., and
Registration Pharmacy Technician Trainee required., and Certificate
1 EXCPT required., or Certificate 2 Pharm Tech Cert Board
- 1-3 years related work experience required in Pharmacy.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based
applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and
maintain databases. Preferred Qualifications:
- Pharmacy technician experience, pharmacy purchasing or
inventory management in a hospital or clinic. Exceptional database
and spreadsheet knowledge, proficient in math, pharmacy
calculations and use of excel formulas.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to
identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of
results and find solutions.
- Experience with 340B program regulatory and billing/coding
compliance, project management. Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on
specific instructions, standard practices and established
procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how
to accomplish defined results with some guidelines.
Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English
in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction
from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families
and other medical center staff; and respond to basic
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in
order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from
supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with
patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude
and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move
objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee
will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out
the hospital campus Check out where you could be working if you
apply. Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For BIDMC
recognized as a leader in "LGBTQ Healthcare Equality" EOE
M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Pharmacy 340B Coordinator, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!