ECMO Clinical Specialist
Company: Abiomed, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology
and innovation, with a mission of--Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives
. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in
Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed's 1,500
employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies
in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our
collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong
commitment to employee professional development. Patients First -
Innovation - Winning Culture - Heart Recovery
-- Abiomed, a rapidly growing medical device company, is looking
for a driven and results oriented Surgical "Heart Team" ECMO
Clinical Specialist. We are growing both our focus and device
line-up to support Cardiac Surgeons, Intensivists and Heart Failure
Cardiologists providing long-term cardiopulmonary support to
patients across the US. With our initial success in launching the
Breethe Oxy-1 system, we are looking to expand our commercial team
into the realm of extracorporeal circulatory support. As a member
of the Breethe Clinical Team, the ECMO Clinical Specialist will
work closely with our Surgical leadership team and Surgical Account
Managers responsible for driving growth across 15 US regions.
Through our surgical product portfolio including Breethe Oxy-1 you
will enable physicians and staff to recover hearts and lungs and
save patients' lives. Job Requirements
- A minimum of 5+ years of clinical ECMO experience within
surgical and/or ICU setting as a Certified Clinical Perfusionist,
Registered Respiratory Therapist, Licensed Registered Nurse,
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience interacting with cardiac surgeons,
interventional/heart failure cardiologists, ICU intensivists and
other physician groups in the ECMO realm
- Medical device/ industry experience or direct interaction with
industry as a decision maker or manager in the clinical
- Confidence, clinical expertise and familiarity of cardiac
surgery and OR protocol
- Familiarity with patient management in the ICU setting
- Mechanical support familiarity (durable VAD, acute MCS,
- Experience and willingness to travel/ cover multiple
- Ability to drive patient outcomes required
- Ability to travel 50%-75% overnight required
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all
state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device
industry required Role & Responsibilities ECMO Clinical Specialist
- Lead the launch, training, and education of combined Surgical/
Heart Failure programs on the proper use of the Breethe Oxy-1
system while supporting Impella 5.5 with SmartAssist and other
surgical Impella platforms.
- Full customer immersion: Input on patient selection and
subsequent surgical and technical support followed by guiding
optimal patient management to maximize outcomes. This is the
required need at Breethe Oxy-1 launch sites to ensure successful
- Clinical and technical expertise and support of Breethe Oxy-1
to assist with device integration and support of system adaptation
into applications beyond the initial commercial launch.
- Becoming a functional expert and developing an advanced acumen
on the durable, acute, and hemodynamic medical device landscape and
best practices in the management of those devices.
- Internal collaboration with the Cardiology Commercial Team,
Marketing, Professional Education and Training, Clinical Support,
R&D and Engineering.
- Maintain contact with all customers to evaluate adequate
delivery of clinical and educational needs and identify areas for
- Execute appropriate, targeted device training on all aspects
and for all groups on the Breethe Oxy-1 system.
- Cultivates close relationship with strategic business partners
and key opinion leaders in the area of percutaneous and
extra-corporeal circulatory support.
- Input to management on all situations affecting or potentially
affecting patient safety, clinical results and sales.
- Call point(s): Cardiac Surgeons, Intensivists, Heart Failure
Cardiologists, ECMO clinicians, OR teams, and Cardiac/Thoracic
Surgical ICU and Medical ICU teams.
- Staff major conferences: ELSO, AmSECT, AACP, HFSA, AHA, ASAIO,
STS, AATS, and ISHLT.
- Staff local and state level ECLS, perfusion and respiratory
therapy symposiums. Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate
against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership
status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or
physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military
service, application for military service, or membership in any
other category protected under law.
Keywords: Abiomed, Inc., Boston , ECMO Clinical Specialist, Healthcare , Danvers, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!