Medical Staff Coordinator
Company: West Park Hospital-WY-US
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton (BIDHM) MEDICAL STAFF
ADMIN Milton , MA Non-Clinical Regular Full Time , Day Beth Israel
Deaconess Milton is committed to improving the health of our
community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with
dignity, compassion and respect.
Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is seeking a Medical Staff
Coordinator. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, day
shift. POSITION FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Director,
Health Care Quality and Patient Safety, this position is the
primary lead within the medical staff office and is responsible for
the coordination and supervision of all aspects of the medical
staff office (MSO); including but not limited to, medical staff
credentialing and education, focused and ongoing provider
evaluations, regulatory compliance specific to MSO functions,
medical staff business operations and the coordination of medical
staff departmental and leadership meetings. This person is
responsible for medical staff communications and working closely
with the President, Medical Staff and other key medical and
hospital leaders as necessary and for ensuring timely and complete
follow up of emerging issues. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (either
responsible for or supervising completion of) Medical Staff
- Act as Medical Staff Bookkeeper, writing all checks, balancing
the checkbook, preparing Treasurer's reports and sending bills for
medical staff dues to providers.
- Coordinates and tracks the receipt of all annual dues,
communicates status to the Medical Executive Committee and takes
action as neccesary.
- Responsible for working with the hospital's finance department
to verify costs associated with the hospital's Credentialing
Verification Organization (CVO) credentialing activities and to
issue reimbursements as necessary. Medical Staff Credentialing:
- Oversees and assists in the completion of all aspects of
medical staff credentialing/privileging consistent with hospital
policies and medical bylaws, including but not limited to:
- New Appointments
- Record maintenance
- Onboarding and annual competency requirements
- Specific privileging completion requirements e.g.,
- Temporary/Disaster privaleging
- Maintain and disseminate when requested accurate list of all
appointments, reappointments, resignations, and changes in
- Notifying Hospital Board of Trustees of New Medical Staff
appointment, resignations etc.
- Work closely with the Departments of Healthcare and Employee
Health to coordinate the medical staff Influenza vaccination
- Coordinating the E-prescibing enrollment of new members of the
- Maintain Medical Staff files relating to QI activities, e.g.,
Focused and Ongoing Provider Performance Evaluations.
- Consistent with hospital policy, ensure appropriate actions
including documentation of medical staff support members, e.g.,
fellows, students etc. Medical Staff Office Oversight:
- Work closely with the Director, Healthcare Quality and Patient
Safety to ensure Medical Staff policies are reviewed, revised and
approved within the required time frames.
- Work closely with the Director, Healthcare Quality and Patient
Safety to ensure Medical Staff ongoing compliance with Joint
Commission Medical Staff standards.
- Work with Medical Staff and Hospital Leaders to ensure
compliance with Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules.
- Obtain and revise as necessary Medical Staff Department On-Call
schedules and input information into the hospital's online "Spoke"
- Prepare and distribute the monthly Medical Staff Calendar
- Provide administrative functions for the Medical Staff Office
(phone reception, order supplies for MSO and physician's
- Process Hospital Affiliation requests Meeting Coordination:
- Coordinating all aspects of the Credentials Committee meeting,
including developing the agenda, preparation of all materials,
distribution of items to committee members, documenting meeting
minutes and coordinating all follow-up communications.
- Coordinating all aspects of the Medical Executive Committee
meeting, including developing the agenda with the President,
Medical Staff, preparation of all materials, distribution of items
to committee members, creating monthly financial statements,
documenting meeting minutes and coordinating all follow-up
communications. Coordination, facilitation, document creation and
archiving of the following meetings:
- Annual Medical Staff
- Medical Department Peer Review Committees
- Medical Staff Business meetings
- Bylaws Committee
- Nominating Committee (Ad. Hoc)
- Medical Staff Leadership search committees. Medical Staff
- Coordinates all aspects of the Medical Staff Continuing Medical
Education (CME) program in full compliance with regulation,
including but not limited to Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS)
- Maintains documents/records of these activities.
- Coordinates and maintains the CME program re-accreditation
processes as established by the MMS. Other:
- Employee maintains competencies (position specific and
hospital-wide) required for the specific patient population
- Performs all duties in accordance with safety and other laws,
rules, and regulations set forth by appropriate regulatory and
government agencies and in accordance with established department
and hospital policies and procedures.
May be required to perform similar or related duties as may be
necessary on an emergency basis or as designated by the department
manager or supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Minimum educational requirement: High School Graduate
- At least 5 years recent experience working within a medical
staff office in an acute hospital setting, specifically in relation
to credentialing, medical education, meeting coordination and the
use of a medical staff credentialing software program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, detail oriented,
interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, critical thinking,
problem resolution and management skills.
- Demonstrated advanced ability in the use of word processing,
presentation and data base software and office products.
- Ability to be able to respond calmly and effectively to
unexpected work responsibilities and independently be able
prioritize work projects and to comply with established/required
deadlines. A Physical Abilities Job Description is a component of
this Job Description. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed. This list is
not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Keywords: West Park Hospital-WY-US, Boston , Medical Staff Coordinator, Healthcare , Milton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!