Senior Research Analyst - Healthcare
Company: Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description At Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global
asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, we are
building a world class research team. Research intensity is our
foundational principal. We do independent, forward-looking research
in order to anticipate change. We develop our own view of TAMs,
growth drivers, moats, and competitive positioning. We pick stocks
based upon provable, repeatable process. We actively engage with
our portfolio managers, our clients, the companies, and industry
- Passion for investing: This person brings new ideas, broad
perspective, and high energy to the research team to enhance our
firm's intellectual capital.
- Super curious: This person wonders -- who, what, where, when
and why, and wants to figure it all out. This person loves
- Independent thinker: This person is comfortable doing their own
research, developing their own forecasts, and coming to their own
conclusions without relying upon sell-side or stock price action.
This person is comfortable recommending both a consensus and a
- Self-starter / competitive / drive to win: There is lots to do.
This person is motivated for and excited about the work.
- Open minded: This person is capable of recognizing if there has
been a thesis violation (assumptions proved not to be correct,
analytical framework no longer valid, etc.), admitting it and
- Methodical / Process-driven: This person is methodical in going
about their work and embraces a consistent process to pick
- Top-notch communication skills: We impact portfolios by
expressing our ideas verbally and in written notes and slide decks.
This person is a good teacher and communicator of their ideas.
- Proficient at modeling: We do our own models. This person is
comfortable building, updating, and using models as part of their
- Team Player / Collaborative: We work with our colleagues across
the firm consistently - portfolio managers, equity, fixed income,
data science, responsible investment, sales, marketing. This person
enjoys collaborating as part of a team. Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of investment research experience, with multiple years
- Demonstrated experience of developing market sizes, identifying
new growth drivers, and performing strategic analysis of companies
- Presentation and communication skills
- Up-to-date Excel and modeling skills
- Easily explained, repeatable process which can be back-tested
to create consistent alpha generation Preferred Qualifications
- Expertise in Medical Devices or Managed Care/Healthcare
Services About Our Company Millions of people around the world rely
on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're
intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global
team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment
professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset
classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the
promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our
employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our
competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because
of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by
the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are
committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition
and rewards to help you shape the career you want. Ameriprise
Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation,
citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital
status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Ameriprise Financial, Inc., Boston , Senior Research Analyst - Healthcare, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!