Registered Nurse - (36 hrs. Nights w- every other weekend)
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position: Registered Nurse, Med Surg, Medical Family
Department: Med Surge - Medical Family Medicine/Renal, Menino 7
Schedule: 36 Hours, Nights E/O Weekend
The registered nurse adheres to the Massachusetts Board of
Registration in Nursing rules and regulations and is primarily
responsible for professional performance and direct patient care.
The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning,
intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and
their families across the healthcare continuum. The registered
nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality, and fiscal
patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the
nursing department and following established agency policies,
procedures, protocols, guidelines, and standards of practice
Graduate of a nursing degree program; BSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in
the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification. Some units
may require Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Current basic cardiac life support certification.
- Basic computer proficiency is inclusive of the ability to
access, enter and interpret computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with
various health care team members, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently
complete assigned work.
- Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages
appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center
- Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification
required for certain practice areas, e.g., enters total therapy,
epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct
quality improvement research utilization projects.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate
to the patient populations served.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities
following practice setting demands for the patient populations
- Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues
related to patient care, changing organizational climate, and
NursingMS7 East is a 36-bed Medical-Surgical Unit. The patient
population consists of Family Medicine and Renal patients,
including Peritoneal Dialysis and Hemodialysis patients.
Prospective candidates for this unit must demonstrate culture
competence and professional integrity in the pursuit of optimal
Req id: 23865
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Boston , Registered Nurse - (36 hrs. Nights w- every other weekend), Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!