Medical Assistant / EMT
Company: CareWell Urgent Care
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCareWell Urgent Care is seeking a dependable
full-time Medical Assistant or EMT-Basic for our state-of-the-art
urgent care facility in Tewksbury, MA.Our centers are open (7) days
per week 8AM to 8PM. Full-time positions must be able to work three
12-hour shifts per week including every other weekend.Job Summary:
Under the supervision of the clinical provider, the Medical
Assistant duties may include taking and recording vital signs and
medical histories, preparing patients for examination, IV/Blood
draw, ECG, office diagnostic testing, x-ray prep, assisting with
splinting/wound care and assisting in administering medications as
directed by physician.Duties and Responsibilities: Medical
Assistant / EMT - tasks include but are not limited to:
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms with necessary
- Take patient histories and vital signs
- Prepare patient for examination and treatment
- Apply splints and dressings, prepare and maintain supplies and
equipment for treatments including sterilization
- Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and
- Perform phlebotomy and laboratory paperwork.
- Dispense medication as directed
- Instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if
- Provide solutions to patient concerns within the scope of
- Provide information and assistance as needed.Clerical Duties:
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff, insurance
carriers and companies.
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use,
billing use, physicians review, etc.
- Document patient files, records, forms, and other info as
- Assist with scheduling of test and treatments.
- Screen phone calls for referral to physician.
- Maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Be sure work area appears neat, well stocked, and
organized.Skills and Qualifications:
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to take initiative to step up and solve problems and
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of
- Proven interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal
with patients, families, clients, coworkers, clinical staff and
- Commitment to CareWell/CCMD as a company as well as your
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, medical practice and
care to assist in giving patient care.
- Consistent daily practice of common safety hazards and
precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of computer function and basic office equipment.
- Organizational and analytical skills necessary to maintain
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and
procedures to administer patient care.
- Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced
work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Responsible for personal actions and open to feedback from
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
information.Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years MA/EMT experience and EMT, MA, CNA or LNA
certificationSupervisory Responsibility: The Medical Assistant role
has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment: This job
operates in a medical office setting and includes possible exposure
to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations
and other conditions common to a clinic environment.Physical
Demands: Requires full range of body motion including manual and
finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing and
walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and
carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision
and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful
conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to
communicable diseases or body fluids. Position Type and Expected
Hours of Work: This is an hourly, non-exempt position that ranges
based on PT or FT. For full-time, hours are 8am-8pm, 3 days a week
with a rotating weekend shift. Travel: No travel is expected for
this position however, depending on the location, this position may
work at more than one center.Benefits include: Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life and Disability insurance, 401K with a match, and paid
time off. As an employee, you have four (4) free urgent care
visits/yr which can be shared by immediate family members.At
CareWell, it's simple: exceptional and compassionate patient care
is at the forefront of our urgent care centers. CareWell Urgent
Care provides high-quality, efficient and affordable treatment of
non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries as well as customizable
employer health solutions. Our centers offer board-certified
providers, state-of-the-art facilities with on-site laboratory
services and X-ray. Founded by physicians who know and understand
the need for excellent, expedient care, CareWell Urgent Care is
dedicated to meeting all the needs of the community, from infant to
elders, school to industry and everywhere in between.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status.Powered by
Keywords: CareWell Urgent Care, Boston , Medical Assistant / EMT, Healthcare , Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!